Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos X Who has used the new toy yet?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Night Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Kronos X Who has used the new toy yet? Reply with quote

Looking for reviews feedback, have they fixed the issues, is this another band aide to take our minds off the monumental failure the original was to most.

Need info from someone who has used original with issues and new, hey is keybed feel? Is it sturdier? Give us your information please so I know can weather to upgrade or not.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monumental failure is about the opposite of my description of my Kronos. The X is the same with more RAM and more SSD storage space.
hammondcuni
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: X Reply with quote

Today marks 2 weeks of having Kronos X61. Tomorrow will be first gig that I will use it. Its all loaded up ready to go. About 2 hour show. Have UPS ready also. So far at home its been flawless. About 3 hours of use per day so far. Never had original Kronos but I did demo at stores for almost a year on occassions. In my opinion the X does feel different. But then again I dont have them side by side.
AudioProCT

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had then in stock for a couple of weeks now. I don't really notice a difference between the 2, I don't think they changed anything other then the memory
spalding12

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audioworks wrote:
Had then in stock for a couple of weeks now. I don't really notice a difference between the 2, I don't think they changed anything other then the memory

but, you are talking about the 61s, right?
i'm wondering if KORG.... made some improvements to the KEYBEDS of the 73 and 88s?
NJkeysman888

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the regular Kronos 61 for about 3+ weeks. I upgraded to a Korg X 61. There is no difference other than the things the X offers that the Kronos does not. That is, more RAM, more disk space, OS 2.0. But I'm happy to have all that as i have more "headroom" on RAM and the hard disk and OS 2.0 is getting rave reviews for streaming Samples etc. I love it.
Night Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone use the X88 and the original?

I have the original and have had many issues. I know for a fact the original keybed vs the updated keybed feel and play is majorly improved. So seeing if anyone has seen noticed or felt any improvements at all. Other then memory. Just trying to figure out weather stick with original or go with the X
spalding12

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Night Spirit wrote:
Anyone use the X88 and the original?

I have the original and have had many issues. I know for a fact the original keybed vs the updated keybed feel and play is majorly improved. So seeing if anyone has seen noticed or felt any improvements at all. Other then memory. Just trying to figure out weather stick with original or go with the X
so, i suppose we can almost GUARANTEE that the "X" keybed is the "new and improved" and ought NOT have the problems of the original 88?
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spalding12 wrote:

so, i suppose we can almost GUARANTEE that the "X" keybed is the "new and improved" and ought NOT have the problems of the original 88?

You (we) can suppose so, but there´s no confirmation nor GUARANTEE about it, nevertheless.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
spalding12

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davidb wrote:
spalding12 wrote:

You (we) can suppose so, but there´s no confirmation nor GUARANTEE about it, nevertheless.

i know what you mean
odd that they won't admit this
i mean... they've "FIXED" HUNDREDS of original Kronos boards
the keybed issues are NO SECRET TO ANYONE
so, why "HIDE THE FIX?"
they are willing to fix all original boards with issues... right?
Slovenec

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps all those wonderful M3 Xpanded sequencer features will evenutally make it into the next major OS upgrade?????? Along with cuelists that I used all the time in my now sold Triton Classic when I was still in hardware sequencer land.

Come on Korg, support your onboard sequencer if you're so keenly marketing the Kronos as the do everything music workstation...... either that, or one would expect 110% FLAWLESS intergration with all the major DAW platforms with the new version 2 plug in editor! Smile

One would expect both to become a reality if Korg continues to actively support the Kronos in the longterm as opposed to hopefully not dumping the Kronos for a next generation instrument in 2013 or 2014.
Night Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I still gotta wait a couple of months to make sure all the issues are found before I update. I just do not like the Big Red X, I think the original has a classy look and that Big Red X just turns me off. But then again all the issues and bs I have had regarding the board defiantly does not keep me hard either.

Come on Korg MAN UP, just tell us wtf is wrong what you did and how you can guarantee everything is good now. I want my perfect working board already and getting sick of waiting and waiting for US the users to find out and then FIX everything you mess up. Grow a set and work with us, we won't hate you for it in fact we will feel much better knowing you admit to faults and want to work with us to fix it. Not pretend nothing happened and toss out a Band aid X to phase out your massive mess up.
CoreyMast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told that the new Kronos X units have a much faster boot time. Can anyone clarify this as fact or fiction? I'm keeping my Kronos but was just curious about it.

Alesis Andromeda A6, Kronos 88

www.coreymast.com
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Night Spirit wrote:
Looks like I still gotta wait a couple of months to make sure all the issues are found before I update. I just do not like the Big Red X, I think the original has a classy look and that Big Red X just turns me off. But then again all the issues and bs I have had regarding the board defiantly does not keep me hard either.

Come on Korg MAN UP, just tell us wtf is wrong what you did and how you can guarantee everything is good now. I want my perfect working board already and getting sick of waiting and waiting for US the users to find out and then FIX everything you mess up. Grow a set and work with us, we won't hate you for it in fact we will feel much better knowing you admit to faults and want to work with us to fix it. Not pretend nothing happened and toss out a Band aid X to phase out your massive mess up.

thats some serious drama to work on. Or reality TV shows taken seriously.
Smile
spalding12

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoreyMast wrote:
I was told that the new Kronos X units have a much faster boot time. Can anyone clarify this as fact or fiction? I'm keeping my Kronos but was just curious about it.

that is NOT true, according to a video on youtube that shows the boot time of an "X" at SUMMER NAMMA @ > 2 minutes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: