Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this possible

View previous topic :: View next topic  
digiplay

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Is this possible Reply with quote

Hi guys!

I received my Kronos 61 today and the first question I have is, as I have soiled my pants several times, can any of you can send me some toilet paper?

WOW!!! It's everything I thought it would be and more!

I'm sure I'll have some more questions later as I familiarize myself with getting around the Menus, but I have a simple one to ask now.

As I alluded to earlier, I wish that Korg would have made the Kronos available as a 73 with the same action that my 61 has, but I can live with it not being available.

If I set up a Combi split with a EP on the first (3) octaves and a Organ on the last (2) octaves, could I add some type usb controller (a two octave keyboard would be fine) to play the Synth Bass sounds in the Kronos?

I'm kind of brain dead now, but I think I know how to trigger the Synth Bass MIDI/usb wise (and not play Bass from the Kronos keyboard), but how do I assign the zone it plays without affect the existing zones for the EP and Organ?
djcactus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any class compliant device should work. http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=72768

this thread goes into it, but really if you had say an 88 or a 73 controller these would also work happily with the kronos.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a pinch, you could also play the Bass with the onscreen pads. Assign the Bass and Pads to the same MIDI channel.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can set keyboard zones for each timbre individually. Since you're triggering the bass from a different keyboard on a different midi channel, you won't have to set the zone at all. It can be full range.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: