Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IFX on drum kits

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashboe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: IFX on drum kits Reply with quote

Although I may be doing something wrong, when in the sequencer, I am sequencing away on some tracks adding IFX and routing for each track and I can do 10 or more tracks this way. Then I go to tracks 14 to 16 where I usually add drum beats if needed and they take the existing IFX meaning I can't add any track effects other than those already added to other tracks. Many times, I don't even want IFX on drums but am getting it by default as it is on other tracks and I may want special IFX for drums but am unable to add it.....

Is this normal?

Sean

Last edited by ashboe on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
EddyDeegan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 12 available IFX slots, so you cannot have more than 12 different IFX at once. You can, however, route more than one track to the same IFX.

If you have not routed the drum tracks through the IFX then you are not hearing IFX on the drum tracks. You may be confusing this with MFX, which is applied via send values on a per track basis.

If you make sure your drum tracks have no MFX send value, you will hear them without any IFX or MFX, assuming you have not routed them through any IFX.
ashboe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EddyDeegan wrote:
There are 12 available IFX slots, so you cannot have more than 12 different IFX at once. You can, however, route more than one track to the same IFX.

If you have not routed the drum tracks through the IFX then you are not hearing IFX on the drum tracks. You may be confusing this with MFX, which is applied via send values on a per track basis.

If you make sure your drum tracks have no MFX send value, you will hear them without any IFX or MFX, assuming you have not routed them through any IFX.

Yes, that's what surprising me, because I have no MFX on and you cannot route drum tracks to IFX.....(it is greyed out)....and yet I still have whatever the other tracks IFX coming out on the drum track.....

Sean
sl72

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashboe wrote:
EddyDeegan wrote:

Yes, that's what surprising me, because I have no MFX on and you cannot route drum tracks to IFX.....(it is greyed out)....and yet I still have whatever the other tracks IFX coming out on the drum track.....

Sean

Hi.
Have you uncheched the box beneth the drums in your IFX rounting section. If you do this you should be able to choose where you want to send the drum track Exclamation
Sorry for my poor engkish Smile
ashboe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sl72 wrote:
ashboe wrote:
EddyDeegan wrote:

Sean

Hi.
Have you uncheched the box beneth the drums in your IFX rounting section. If you do this you should be able to choose where you want to send the drum track Exclamation

No, I stupidly hadn't thought of unchecking the box ...now it makes sense!!!!!!!!!!

Many, many thanks....

Sean....btw, your English is good...made complete sense to me.
sl72

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashboe wrote:
sl72 wrote:
ashboe wrote:
EddyDeegan wrote:

Sean

Hi.

No, I stupidly hadn't thought of unchecking the box ...now it makes sense!!!!!!!!!!

Many, many thanks....

Sean....btw, your English is good...made complete sense to me.

Thanks Very Happy
Glad it worked out for you Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: