Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Korg Krome
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
guillex

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: New Korg Krome Reply with quote

Is a Kronos LE....?

http://beta.musicradar.com/news/tech/korg-announce-krome-workstation-559109

Rolling Eyes
1jordyzzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like it has no karma on it...

Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha PSR s910, Korg C720, Yamaha DTX 520, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, a pair of Yamaha HS80 in (soon not to be) an unproperly treated room..
guillex

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1jordyzzz wrote:
looks like it has no karma on it...

No Karma, no CX3, no 8 engines, no expansions, no nothing....

That's why I will keep my M3 expanded with radias, and I will buy a Nord Electro 4D (7 kg)....
ZenSonic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No KARMA 2?. Big mistake IMO.
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I think they share is the "k" and the black body.....

Maybe some samples.....this is NOT a baby Kronos.

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
ZenSonic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to me like an ideal board for a gigging piano player. Nice and light with great piano samples. I would buy a used M3 before I bought a Krome from what I see thus far for most any other application.

Last edited by ZenSonic on Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stargazer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: New Korg Krome Reply with quote

guillex wrote:
Is a Kronos LE....?

Rolling Eyes

In comparison, it has the same number of multisamples and drumsamples to M50. On first look, it looks like it's a better M50 with bigger screen, full poly (120) and derivation of the Piano sound block from Kronos. I wonder, will M50 and Krome be sound compatible, in that case.
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like no SST either, which is very important to gigging musos.
ZenSonic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funds used to bring the Krome to market would have been better allocated to Stephen Kay and Korg engineers to integrate Karma 3 with Kronos IMO.

It does seem like Korg upgraded the M50 here but....
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to give a +1 to ZenSonic's take on this.

Looks like a great piano. Take it as just that. Then if the price point is OK start figuring the value added for including the EP (is there an engine there or just HD1 rompler sounds?), dedicated Drum Track's plus Triton style double arpeggiators, plus the 600 or so "other" sounds.

Not a Kronos Lite so much as an SV killer - if I were a lounge player or duo with a horn (which I am ocaisionally) this would definitely make life simpler; GREAT (assumed from Kronos) piano, good or at least editable EP's, chord following arpeggios for bass, the usual capabilities for combis (split/layer/vel) and a generous helping there-of. Easy to sound more produced without getting to the "band-in-a-can" cheese-whiz stage.

Having been spoiled by the Triton Extreme, I personally could wish for even more combination slots (selfish me!) and some expandability path, but the inclusion of editing software goes a long way toward making the Krome appear to have some decent flexibility if only from an ease of sound management aspect... it would at the very least make cloning from previous workstations a little easier.

Lets keep our heads here, though. It's all speculation until someone gets hands on it.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
xp50player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Krome 88 has the NH action, not the RH3 as in the SV-1.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: New Korg Krome Reply with quote

guillex wrote:
Is a Kronos LE....?

Rolling Eyes

Correction, nothing to do with Kronos, beefed up M50, less then M3.
guillex

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: New Korg Krome Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:
guillex wrote:
Is a Kronos LE....?

Rolling Eyes

Correction, nothing to do with Kronos, beefed up M50, less then M3.

You are right....much less than the M3 (Karmas, Radias, Vocoder, EXB, PADS, XY MOTION, SAMPLER, ETC.....)
Slovenec

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very fussy with my organ sounds and since being spoilt by the awesome organ sounds in my Kurzweil PC361 (with much improved rotary speaker in V2!), I can't go back to playing static rompler organ sounds without all the drawbars. At least if Krome offered the CX3 engine with drawbar control from that big touchscreen (like the Korg PA series do), then I'd most certainly be interested in one of these.

Korg would have also done well to include at least a 'scaled down' version of their AL1 or perhaps included a Radias expansion as standard???? That would have made those die hard M3 owners who don't need sampling, Karma etc also look with interest.

IMHO, why didn't Korg use the nearly 4GB of waveform rom to improve their other weaker rompler based instruments like the guitars? Also a couple of extra insert fx slots would have been nice.... even 8. After being spoilt by Kronos/Oasys with those 12 insert fx slots and even Kurzweil with up to 16 insert fx slots, those 5 insert slots look a bit less generous especially considering that the 1999 Triton had the same amount of insert slots???? Anyway just IMHO of course and I'd surely be interested in looking at one of these as a lightweight gigging instrument if only it included the CX3 engine along with those huge piano and EP programs. Smile Smile
guillex

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slovenec wrote:
I'm very fussy with my organ sounds and since being spoilt by the awesome organ sounds in my Kurzweil PC361 (with much improved rotary speaker in V2!), I can't go back to playing static rompler organ sounds without all the drawbars. At least if Krome offered the CX3 engine with drawbar control from that big touchscreen (like the Korg PA series do), then I'd most certainly be interested in one of these.

Korg would have also done well to include at least a 'scaled down' version of their AL1 or perhaps included a Radias expansion as standard???? That would have made those die hard M3 owners who don't need sampling, Karma etc also look with interest.

IMHO, why didn't Korg use the nearly 4GB of waveform rom to improve their other weaker rompler based instruments like the guitars? Also a couple of extra insert fx slots would have been nice.... even 8. After being spoilt by Kronos/Oasys with those 12 insert fx slots and even Kurzweil with up to 16 insert fx slots, those 5 insert slots look a bit less generous especially considering that the 1999 Triton had the same amount of insert slots???? Anyway just IMHO of course and I'd surely be interested in looking at one of these as a lightweight gigging instrument if only it included the CX3 engine along with those huge piano and EP programs. Smile Smile

"Those die hard m3 owners" haha...I am one of those!!!!

I'm agree with you, I really cant Imagine a gigging keyboard without an ORGAN ENGINE...come on....Piano, EP, Wurly, Clavinet, and Hammond, are gigging sounds...then you can add some strings, and some synth....

Korg Korg Korg, where is your common sense..........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: