Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Tools for Korg Krome
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjj

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check out the file you sent me soon, in an hour or so...
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cjj wrote:
I'll check out the file you sent me soon, in an hour or so...

Thank you veyr much ... I need to go now for about 4-5 hours so I will check your post as soon as I get back.

Thanks!

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cjj

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I tried it, it saw the file on the SD card, but with a different name. Loading ended up with a "File not available" message.

I sent you an email with the details.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cjj wrote:
OK, I tried it, it saw the file on the SD card, but with a different name. Loading ended up with a "File not available" message.

I sent you an email with the details.

Thank you for trying ... I will respond to your email; that is a bit easier for communicating.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCG Tools 1.5 for Korg Krome

For those who do not know my application:
- you can edit (partly), analyze and view all your programs, combis and more
- it is FREE

For more info, see the link in my signature below.

For this version (1.5.0), the most important feature for all of you:

Korg Krome support
I already have written that on my personal development version the Korg Krome was already working, but I found out it was creating incorrect PCG files when editing. This has been fixed now, so Korg Krome users can also benefit from PCG Tools from now on. Thanks to CJ Johansson for help with testing.

Below is a screenshot of a loaded Korg Krome PCG file.

Kind regards,

Michel Keijzers

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCG Tools 1.6.0.

From now on I send newsletters. Everybody who received PCG Tools updates in the past is automatically added to the list. If you want to have PCG Tools and be updated, please subscribe (freely) at http://eepurl.com/u5Hk5

This is the newsletter:

Welcome to the first newsletter of PCG Tools. I will not send this newsletter often; mainly for announcing new updates like now.

MailChimp is a company being able to send newsletters free to a big number of people without me getting into problems due to spamming.

Besides that the advantages are for me that I do not have to maintain a list of emails anymore. And for you the benefits are:

You can subscribe directly
You get the newsletter all at the same time.
You can unsubscribe in a clear way.
If you want to change your email address or name, check the links further down this newsletter.

Main changes
The main changes in this version are new languages and a new installer. Besides that, a new way of delivering the application is announced. All will be explained in detail below.

Delivering PCG Tools
Until version1.5.0, PCG Tools was delivered as attachment. Because this resulted in a rejected mail once in a while (mailbox full) and big emails, I have decided to store the latest version on Dropbox and share the link here. The links can be found below.

This file contains the executable of PCG Tools as a zip file so a rename action is not needed anymore. However, to prevent anybody just grab it from there it is password protected with the password: PcgTools
This password will change after each new update and will be of course shared by this newsletter.

New Installer
Because version 1.5.0 did not install on Windows XP machines, I decided to use a dedicated installer (InstallShield) in contrary to the previous installer (ClickOnce). The benefits are:

PCG Tools is supported for Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8, both 32 bit/64 bit.
You can install PCG Tools on a self definable location on your hard disk.
Important note: the first time you use this installer (i.e. when installing version 1.6.0 or later for the first time), MANUALLY remove the earlier installed PCG Tools (details will be in the manual soon).

I will work on the manual soon and explain all details but I'm sure most people will have no problems using the new Installer. Remove the old file by selecting Control Panel, Software, Remove Software, select PCG Tools and remove. It may deviate for non Windows 7 OS's though.

Another benefit of the new installer is that from now on, files with the extension .PCG are coupled to the application PCG Tools. If you double click on a PCG file in the explorer, PCG Tools automatically will start with the selected PCG file. It only works when selecting a single file. If you select more, multiple instances of PCG Tools will start. PCG files will be recognizable with the following icon:

Languages
Due to some very fast working translators, PCG Tools will be supporting six languages (in alphabetical order):

Dutch
English (default language)
French
German
Portuguese
Spanish
I want to thank Honza Mikulik, Mathieu Maes, Francois Rossi, Yuma, .Jens, Rubens Sanches Felicio, 404bekawe, Mario Pablo Gonzalez Soto for their work so far.

Translations on Czech (Honza Mikulik), (David Craig) and Italian (Fabio Grimaldi) have started or will be started soon.

If you like to volunteer for translating PCG Tools in your own language, please reply. It takes about a single day work to translate (and check) all words.

You can change the language by selecting your desired language in the Language menu.

Due to the fact that some words are longer in other languages, a lot of screens have a different layout to accomodate the widest text needed.

PCG Tools Links
PCG Tools Installer
Password: (only shown for subscribers of the PCG Tools Newsletter list)

Social media links / Manual:
See the link in my signature below.

Complete List
Except for the items mentioned above, a lot of smaller improvements, but fixes and other items have been improved. See the following list for a complete list of all changes since the previous release:

1.6.0 15-Feb-2013

Support: PCG Tools is installable on Windows XP again.
Improv: Dedicated installer making it possible to install at definable location.
Improv: PCG files are shown in Windows Explorer with the PCG Tools icon.
Improve: Opening/double clicking a PCG file in Windows Explorer opens it in PCG Tools.
Improv: Fixed Windows icon of PCG Tools.
Improv: Added a few more tool tips in the File menu.
Improv: Screens layout changed due to languages and cleaner layout
Improv: Changed copyright notices from 2011-2012 to 2011-2013.
Improv: Splash screen is now displayed in the center of the screen.
Improv: New windows will default be shown on the upper left top (with cascading).
Improv: PCG Tools will start at same location/dimensions and state as previous time.
Improv: When changing assigned clear program, a message box is shown.
Improv: Widened the Master files window to prevent the last column being hidden.
Improv: Removed word Programs from program banks column in PCG windows.
Bug Fix: When pasting programs, set list slots were not referencing programs correctly.
Bug Fix: When clearing programs, category/sub category were not shown correctly.
Bug Fix: Exit menu was always grayed out.
Language:Some English terms improved.
Language:Dutch added, thanks to Yuma and TODO
Language:French added, thanks to Francois Rossi
Language:German added, thanks to ...
Language:Portuguese language added, thanks to TODO
Language:Spanish language added, thanks to TODO
Language:Translators mentioned in about screen.
ExtLinks:External links screen for translators.
ExtLinks:Logo/link added to Oostendorp Muziek (Music) shop in the Netherlands.
ExtLinks:Logo/link added to Yuma
ExtLinks:Logo/link added to Brazilian Korg Forum added.
ExtLinks:Removed logo for TM-Database since the tool is not used.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new manual is uploaded after being finished with updating it to the latest version of PCG Tools 1.6.
Over 180 pages ... I don't expect you to read it all but if you want to know more about features, there's the first place to look.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9d8y8tcyar693zs/Manual.pdf

Note: the link inside PCG Tools to the manual is incorrect (points to the old version; I hope to find a solution for it before the next release of PCG Tools).

jggiano

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just downloaded the PCG Manual and the Zip file. The manual states that a password is needed. How can I obtain one? Thanks.
FinalSaga

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jaggiano

It is stated in Michel's 'newsletter', You should find:

"This file contains the executable of PCG Tools as a zip file so a rename action is not needed anymore. However, to prevent anybody just grab it from there it is password protected with the password: PcgTools
This password will change after each new update and will be of course shared by this newsletter."

Ch33rs
Saga
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FinalSaga wrote:
Hey Jaggiano

It is stated in Michel's 'newsletter', You should find:

"This file contains the executable of PCG Tools as a zip file so a rename action is not needed anymore. However, to prevent anybody just grab it from there it is password protected with the password: PcgTools
This password will change after each new update and will be of course shared by this newsletter."

Ch33rs
Saga

Thanks for the explanation.

Yes you can subscribe to the newsletter for free (probably you already did if you have the download links). The password is inside the newsletter.

It's not there to annoy everybody, but this way I can be sure everybody uses the latest version and I can reach everybody in case of problems, new versions of the application and/or the manual.

jggiano

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

Thanks for your prompt response.
Yes, Michel's, newsletter posted in the forum is where I saw the password.
However, in the mail I received from him notifying me of the V1.6 Manual availability, there was no password. Perhaps I deleted a previous newsletter that contained the password. I understand the necessity of guarding the password, but if anyone can help me so I can install PCG Tools 1.6, I will appreciate it.

Thanks.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jggiano wrote:
Hello.

Thanks for your prompt response.
Yes, Michel's, newsletter posted in the forum is where I saw the password.
However, in the mail I received from him notifying me of the V1.6 Manual availability, there was no password. Perhaps I deleted a previous newsletter that contained the password. I understand the necessity of guarding the password, but if anyone can help me so I can install PCG Tools 1.6, I will appreciate it.

Thanks.

In the latest newsletter there was no password because the manual does not contain a password.

And yes, if you deleted the first mail it might be a problem ... I send it by PM to you and will think of a better solution.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked, it is not possible in a good way to change a form sent by the Newsletter system.

So it's better not to loose the Newsletter email or even better: when you receive the mail, install the updated version.

jggiano

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Michel. I got it!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jggiano wrote:
Thanks Michel. I got it!

Good to hear!

For anybody who lost their password: the only current but fast workaround is unsubscribe and subscribei again (just takes a few minutes though).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: