Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Touch Sceen Issue Fixed.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronniecruisin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Touch Sceen Issue Fixed. Reply with quote

Just in case any one wants to know I can confirm the fix of replacing the touch panel re. an old thread to fix a non reponsive touch screen does work. Bought the suggested Fujitsu panel and it's all good now. Still don't understand what goes wrong with them though. There's nothing much to them really. Cheers all....Ronnie. Very Happy
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Touch Sceen Issue Fixed. Reply with quote

That's good to hear.

ronniecruisin wrote:
Bought the suggested Fujitsu panel and it's all good now.

Do you have a link?
Anukis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Ronnie please give me the model number if possible. Mine may be on its way out soon too. Where abouts in Oz did you buy it from?
Fantom G8
Fantom G7
SoulBe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats!!

best regards
SoulBe
ronniecruisin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Touch Screen Product Number. And Fitting. Reply with quote

Hi. All. I got a mate to order the screen for me. Can't remember their name but they are in Adelaide I think. But they had to order in from OS. You may get it cheaper by buying direct. The place suggested on this forum does not have them any more. But if you type in this part number there are plenty available elsewhere. Mine was 90 plus dollars with postage. The part number is FUJITSU N010-0554-T347. This is the exact one Korg originally used. Also I found somewhere on this forum together with this part number the NEC part number for the LCD. Did'nt write it down though so you will have to look for it. It was even cheaper OS Price about $ 60 . Smile If you do replace the touch panel be very careful and take your time getting the old one off. I used a very fine long pointed craft knife and very slowly slipped the blade under the edge of the old panel gently prising up the panel as I ran the knife along the edge until it let go. Make sure you mark on the LCD surround with a fineliner exactly where the old panel sits before you remove it. Get the thinnest double sided tape possible and put it just in from the edge of the new panel and trim the excess off with your craft blade. Flip the panel over and carefully align it with your fineliner marks (assuming no dust between the two panels) and gently run your finger around and all is fixed. Idea By the way, you can test to see if the panel is the problem without removing the old one. If you simply plug in the new panel and lay it over the old one it will work. If it does'nt then you will know the problem lies elsewhere. Hope all this waffle helps.....Regards ...Ronnie Very Happy
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good info! Thanks, Ronnie.
hare1977

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar issue with calibration on my Samsung impression touch screen. The successful solution to this problem which worked for me is to replace the digitizer
ronniecruisin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Touch Screen. Reply with quote

Don't want to sound like a dummy, but what's a digitizer.??? Does the Oasys have this component?? Ronnie. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: