Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos with Mainstage
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
communitybfc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Kronos with Mainstage Reply with quote

Has anyone had a problem using Kronos with Mainstage? When I tried using Kronos as a soundcard with Mainstage and both being set to 48k I experienced sound that was delayed and repitched. Also when I tried using Kronos with NI B4 (redundant perhaps) I get no sound in Cubase & Mainstage and a high pitched squeal in standalone although all my other vsts work fine in Cubase with Kronos as the soundcard.
Rskeys

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. That shure seems like a sample rate problem, you say that you have them both set to 48k so i may be wrong.
I have worked in the past with Mainstage but not using a keyboard as audio interface, i'm not much help in this matter.
IMHO you should use organ sounds of your Kronos, i have worked with Native Instruments Organ Vst, i find the kronos much warmer and full, although some sounds need tweaking but this may be a question of personal taste.

Regards,

Ricardo.
spinoria

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Please confirm... Reply with quote

Can someone confirm if it's possible to use the Kronos as audio interface like this:

Output 1+2 - The Kronos output
Output 3-4 - Output from mainstage (vsts, backtracks e.t.c)
Output 5-6 - Output from mainstage (clicktrack or click)

An alternative might be this:

Output 1+2 - The kronos output AND output from Mainstage (vsts, backtracks e.t.c)
Output 3+4 - click or clicktrack

Is this possible?
Novation Ultranova, Korg M3 73, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Korg Poly 800 MK2, Korg Kaossilator, Korg Trident MK1, Nord Electro 3, Kurzweil PC3X, Kurzweil K2500X, Virus TI 61 , Alesis Micron, Kurzweil K2000, Kurzweil K2500R, Yamaha SK20, Hammond C3+ Leslie R22, PC running Brainspawn Forte with EMU Soundcard + IK Multimedia Sampletank 2.0 + Sonik Synth + Miroslav Philharmonik, Logic Mainstage Smile
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you only get a stereo in and stereo out from USB.
You can route that where you like though, so you could easily have:
1 & 2 - Kronos
3 & 4 - Mainstage

How you would get your click though I do not know. Perhaps you can route it over MIDI and trigger an instrument for the click on the Kronos, routing the output of that timbre to an alternate out.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos with Mainstage Reply with quote

communitybfc wrote:
Has anyone had a problem using Kronos with Mainstage? When I tried using Kronos as a soundcard with Mainstage and both being set to 48k I experienced sound that was delayed and repitched. Also when I tried using Kronos with NI B4 (redundant perhaps) I get no sound in Cubase & Mainstage and a high pitched squeal in standalone although all my other vsts work fine in Cubase with Kronos as the soundcard.

I use my Kronos with MS every day and not really ever had a problem. Not sure how to help because I haven't seen that.
communitybfc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ed
Just seeing this now. You say you,ve not had a problem using Kronos as the audio interface with Mainstage? I use MS all the time also but with a different interface (Presonus). I can't figure out either if there is some setting I'm missing or what it might be. Thanks
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
No, you only get a stereo in and stereo out from USB.
You can route that where you like though, so you could easily have:
1 & 2 - Kronos
3 & 4 - Mainstage

How you would get your click though I do not know. Perhaps you can route it over MIDI and trigger an instrument for the click on the Kronos, routing the output of that timbre to an alternate out.

and it would be fairly easy to assign a fader to the volume of Mainstage (on the laptop) using midi or even the actual hardware input of the input into the Kronos? or would it not be?

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
keyboardnut

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Tuning issue with kronos and MainStage Reply with quote

Logic works fine but as soon as i connect to play soft synths with MainStage all goes out of tune must be a sample rate issue but i cannot see any way to sort it???
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Tuning issue with kronos and MainStage Reply with quote

keyboardnut wrote:
Logic works fine but as soon as i connect to play soft synths with MainStage all goes out of tune must be a sample rate issue but i cannot see any way to sort it???

What goes out of tune? I am in the studio all day today - would be happy to try any kronos > MS, kronos <> Logic configurations people are having problems with to try and track down issues.
JaySL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Tuning issue with kronos and MainStage Reply with quote

keyboardnut wrote:

In Mainstage go to preferences, then check sound output assigned to Kronos Keyboard, then set sample rate to 48khz and apply changes. Quit MS and start it up again and you're done. Wink
JaySL

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apex wrote:

and it would be fairly easy to assign a fader to the volume of Mainstage (on the laptop) using midi or even the actual hardware input of the input into the Kronos? or would it not be?

Yes it is, In fact i'm controlling MS with the kronos and iPad thru a wifi midi network, both having control of my performance.
keyboardnut

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Mainstage Out of Pitch Reply with quote

So here we go again when connecting kronos to mainstage the pitch of the instruments is altered it doesnt happen with logic only with mainstage what is going on??? The sample rate is set at 48khz but you cannot alter that in mainstage prefs. it is obviously a bug in mainstage as logic 9 works fine playing the instruments in pitch. annoying problem can anyone help?
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Mainstage Out of Pitch Reply with quote

keyboardnut wrote:
So here we go again when connecting kronos to mainstage the pitch of the instruments is altered it doesnt happen with logic only with mainstage what is going on??? The sample rate is set at 48khz but you cannot alter that in mainstage prefs. it is obviously a bug in mainstage as logic 9 works fine playing the instruments in pitch. annoying problem can anyone help?

What exactly do you mean when you say "the pitch of instrumenst is altered" What instruments? altered in what way?
keyboardnut

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: pitch Reply with quote

the pitch is out from normail ie slightly sharp and it is on all software instruments.
keyboardnut

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: mainstage 3 Reply with quote

Has fixed the out of tune problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: