Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos vs. Kronos X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
l8rdood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Kronos vs. Kronos X Reply with quote

Hi, I need some clarification. I have the Kronos 88. The new 'Kronos X' has come out. I know there is more RAM & a larger SSD drive but is that it? If I did the 'upgrades' to my regular Kronos, would it equal the new one? What would I be short of to equal it? Don't get me wrong, I am happy with what I have but would really like to be able to hold more patches. Cool
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it, those are the differences. Apart from the "X" on the case. And X comes with OS 2.02 pre-installed, but that's a free DL for all Kronos users anyway.

You posted this in the MOSS option forum btw, which is completely unrelated to the Kronos.
l8rdood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos vs. Kronos X Reply with quote

First, sorry about posting here. I left an earlier question about the MOSS board & was checking to see of anyone responded (no one has as of yet). Thanks for your help for the Kronos. i'll read up on which drive & RAM to use for the upgrade.
Second, if you're familiar with the Triton Extreme, maybe you can explain why I'm not hearing the MOSS sounds thru the combi mode? I open a combi patch & go to change one of the sounds to a MOSS sound and it does not trigger-do not hear anything. The MOSS does work in program mode.(See original posting). Thanks again, Bill. Rolling Eyes
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MOSS board has a polyphony of 6. These 6 voices can, in a combi, be freely divided any which way amongst 1 through 6 timbres. But you have to divide them yourself! I think it's in the timbre parameter menu that you'll see a "MOSS" tab. Here, you set which timbres are allowed to use MOSS voices and how many.

The one caveat is that they will all use the same IFX routing - you have to specify which timbre is the "master" that they will all follow. Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MOSS Option All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: