Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Hook up Krome to Cubase and Fl Studio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
meloproductionz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: How to Hook up Krome to Cubase and Fl Studio Reply with quote

Can someone let me know how to Hook up the Krome to Cubase or Fl Studios and be able to use the Krome sounds in Cubase or Fl Studio Arrow
alfredokiwi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Hook up Krome to Cubase and Fl Studio Reply with quote

meloproductionz wrote:
Can someone let me know how to Hook up the Krome to Cubase or Fl Studios and be able to use the Krome sounds in Cubase or Fl Studio Arrow

You need to have first DAW interface in the same way as the Yamaha MOX/Motif series. Unfortunately Krome has only analog outputs. No support of digital audio trough USB is the main problem. Only MIDI commands can be sent from Cubase, anyway recording 100% analog implies the lost of quality on the recordings due hum/HF noises, antialiasing AD/DA noise components and leveling mismatching, please check this interesting post from Pa3X users.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=76109

www.facebook.com/alfredokiwi

www.alfredoblogspage.blogspot.com.ar
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: How to Hook up Krome to Cubase and Fl Studio Reply with quote

meloproductionz wrote:

You can use your audio outs and go into your soundcards imput and record the audio in that way. As far as signal loss or degradation, it is highly unlikely you will notice any if your interface is worth a damn. Even many cheap interfaces will give you very pleasing results for most any applications. I have even gotten good results plugging the M50 directly into my soundcards imputs while recording in REAPER DAW.... Wink
shydog1971

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Korg Krome 73 and Cubase 5 Reply with quote

I had tons of problems getting Cubase to work with the Krome and a Tascam US428 Control Surface.

This is how I assigned sounds in Cubase to tracks created on the Krome.

Things that I did to make it work.. Use SEQ mode on the Krome, then use PAGE, Select P3 Track Parameters. Press the midi tab 01-08 or 09 - 16 and set it to EXT.

Next Global Mode and select P1 - Midi Midi Basic Page --Set midi clock to External Midi Clock. Make sure Receive Ext. Realtime Commands is checked.

In Cubase - Under Transport Menu -- Project Synchronization Setup. Check boxes under Midi Clock Destinations. US428 Port 1 <Dependent>

Check the following boxes: Midi Clock Follows Project Position, Always send start message, Send Midi clock in stop mode.

In Cubase, set up your Instrument track, arm it to record, click the monitor button, select midi track and output should be instrument plugin.

Click the record button and you should see it recording the plugin on that track

Hope this helps.
cohenville1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Krome 73 and Cubase 5 Reply with quote

shydog1971 wrote:
I had tons of problems getting Cubase to work with the Krome and a Tascam US428 Control Surface.

This is how I assigned sounds in Cubase to tracks created on the Krome.

Things that I did to make it work.. Use SEQ mode on the Krome, then use PAGE, Select P3 Track Parameters. Press the midi tab 01-08 or 09 - 16 and set it to EXT.

Next Global Mode and select P1 - Midi Midi Basic Page --Set midi clock to External Midi Clock. Make sure Receive Ext. Realtime Commands is checked.

In Cubase - Under Transport Menu -- Project Synchronization Setup. Check boxes under Midi Clock Destinations. US428 Port 1 <Dependent>

Check the following boxes: Midi Clock Follows Project Position, Always send start message, Send Midi clock in stop mode.

In Cubase, set up your Instrument track, arm it to record, click the monitor button, select midi track and output should be instrument plugin.

Click the record button and you should see it recording the plugin on that track

Hope this helps.

Shydog1971,

You had posted the above information about setting up the Korg Krome VST Editor in Cubase. I'm wondering if that was in the 64 bit version of Cubase; or in the 32 bit version. I've been using the Krome in my Sonar 32 bit DAW, but as that is being discontinued, I just purchased Cubase Pro 9.5, which only supports 64 bit plugins. So, I'm trying to find a solution - otherwise, my Krome will not be a viable keyboard workstation to use. In any case, please let me know if you were able to get the Krome VST Editor to work in Cubase 64 bit.

Thank you - cohenville1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: