Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome pianos compared to Kronos pianos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
summers2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Krome pianos compared to Kronos pianos Reply with quote

I wondered if anyone had personally A/B ed the Kronos/Krome pianos, both accoustic and electric. I would like to know if they are virtually the same.(or at least very similar) I know that this would be the observers opinion, but I feel that has value.
Xenomorph

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Krome pianos compared to Kronos pianos Reply with quote

summers2 wrote:
I wondered if anyone had personally A/B ed the Kronos/Krome pianos, both accoustic and electric. I would like to know if they are virtually the same.(or at least very similar) I know that this would be the observers opinion, but I feel that has value.

I'd also be interested in any opinions from those who have compared the 2 in regards to acoustic pianos. They sound great in the krome videos but first hand experience from some members would be appreciated Very Happy

Current: Pa5X, Nautilus
Past: M1, X5D, N364, Karma, X50, TR61, M50, micro-Korg, Triton Extreme, Pa3x, Roland Fantom 06, Akai mpc key61
countrycreek

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the krome 88 yesterday and ab'd the kronos 61 and the krome 88 I ran a midi cable from the 88 to the 61 and played the 88 and couldn't distinguish any difference until I started opening and closing the lid on the kronos.

km 200 Hartke (2)
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The keybed is worth some words, perhaps. I did not play long enough to be confident to write about them, but it is a significant difference, I feel. I'm not sure about the sound (even though the Kronos has much more in the piano department, but the ones the Krome has did not scream a difference to me when compared to the Kronos equivalent - over a pair of 'guest' headphones, so it would be difficult to judge).
ShaunKorg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first part of this video compares them side by side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9txHSWjCzNM
summers2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the comparison, the pianos seem identical. The pianos with a pad sounds very similar to each other. The rest of the sounds seem different. The Kronos has the edge. The Kronos sounds fuller and deeper than the Krome. The Krome sounds good in those areas, but not as good as the Kronos. Of course, all of this is in my opinion. I just can't quite get ready for a Kronos, though, because of all the problems put forth including the noisy fan. Everytime I get ready to order one, I see another bad post relative to the Kronos. I've just about decided to get the Krome. Thanks for the info.
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's what I've heard from the video, too. However, I think programming is a big part of it, the Krome engine is quite capable, and there are lots of good samples in it.

I have the same dilemma. Weight is my prime concern. Then comes sound and then the keybed, price is mixed somewhere inbetween. Lucky you! I still could not decide... Kronos is really nice with all those engines and the nice piano feel - but is it worth 10 kg plus on the road? I'm not sure...
morty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

countrycreek wrote:
I got the krome 88 yesterday and ab'd the kronos 61 and the krome 88 I ran a midi cable from the 88 to the 61 and played the 88 and couldn't distinguish any difference until I started opening and closing the lid on the kronos.

My 88key is on order... what is the key touch feel like? Ive hadnt had a chance to try one and the weight of the synthe, is it heavy to carry vs other 88 note keyboards?
My Kurzweil pc-3 76 key says 38lbs but it feels a lot more heavy, hoping this one is lighter to lug around.
morty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's what I've heard from the video, too. However, I think programming is a big part of it, the Krome engine is quite capable, and there are lots of good samples in it.

I agree there's never been a keyboard straight out of the box that couldnt use some editing.Ive had to do this many times especially the effects.

In regards to the krome/kronos demo;

I noticed too that the Kronos was louder in some demos I wonder if the krome being turned up to match the volume of the Kronos would of been a little closer. The kronos definatly did shine on some of the demos in comparison... it sounded a lot richer/ thicker in tonal qaulity which still might be able to be copied with the right editing.
There was the the odd krome demo which sounded good too in comparison with the kronos as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: