Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NAMM 2013 Rumors
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lunaluna

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: NAMM 2013 Rumors Reply with quote

It's that time of year when the airwaves start going wild with " I heard "stories ,any rumors on any of the big 3 ? Motif ,Fantom replacements, or maybe even a Kronos Studio/Extreme ?
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the Kronos actually be more Extreme then it is? Unless controlled by a Tricorder.
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not be surprised the lightest if Yamaha comes up with a Motif series replacement soon this forthcoming year, as its been disscused recently.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Saxifraga

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davidb wrote:
I would not be surprised the lightest if Yamaha comes up with a Motif series replacement soon this forthcoming year, as its been disscused recently.

I think it will be a big touchscreen device with an optional keybed and full internet integration, thunderbolt port, 3d monitor and bionically augmented jumpsuit made by teenage engineering.

In fact I think it will be a motif XLF.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time span between Motif has been 3.5 years. The XF was announced Aug 2010, so 2.5 years would be quite earlier for them.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
Codd12

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Althought the XF was more of a minor update to the previous XS. So it's really more like 5 years since a major change.
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland could put a sequencer in the Jupiter-80/50 and call it a Fantom replacement of some kind, maybe an Integra-80. But I think everyone is forgetting that Roland includes a basic Sonar DAW with the JPs, and can be upgraded to the Pro version. I like using built in seq's myself, but they are way outshined by an actual DAW. I guess we'll see, because people tend to resist change, and I do hear a lot of chatter about wanting the sequencer in the keyboard.

On the Motif XF, as busch says, Yamaha tends to be an average of 3.5 years between Motifs. But things could be different now if their sales have been sharply cut into by the JP-80/50 and Kronos.
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

synthguy wrote:
Roland could put a sequencer in the Jupiter-80/50 and call it a Fantom replacement of some kind, maybe an Integra-80. But I think everyone is forgetting that Roland includes a basic Sonar DAW with the JPs, and can be upgraded to the Pro version. I like using built in seq's myself, but they are way outshined by an actual DAW. I guess we'll see, because people tend to resist change, and I do hear a lot of chatter about wanting the sequencer in the keyboard.

On the Motif XF, as busch says, Yamaha tends to be an average of 3.5 years between Motifs. But things could be different now if their sales have been sharply cut into by the JP-80/50 and Kronos.

Sequencers in a keyboard a total waste for me. I'd rather have seen Roland put a sampler in the Jupiters.
xp50player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland introduces 61 key DSP synth that replicates all previous non-modular Roland synths up to the D-50. The control panel is one tiltable 30" 16:10 touchscreen. Korg comes out with Krome 1U rack, SV-2 w/CX3 engine+Kronos pianos. Yamaha discontinues Motif, reintroduces EX5 with more polyphony. Waldorf VaporWave synth shown as 3D renduring.

Last edited by xp50player on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARP go back into production Wink
Low Class

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg SV-2
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt we'll see some competition for the Kronos this year. What exactly? Dunno. I suspect Yamaha will release something as supposedly they've "Had" something for awhile and there was no reason to release. I'm expecting a modeling hybrid (Like a modern EX5/Kronos) from them.

Roland? Who knows. They beat to the sound of their own drum and I haven't been able to figure them out for YEARS. If the Integra 7 is any hint, maybe they'll finally put something together that just doesn't feel like a bunch of stuff hobbled together with all kinds of compromises and restrictions.
JimH

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Codd12 wrote:
Althought the XF was more of a minor update to the previous XS. So it's really more like 5 years since a major change.

Although it appears minor, I think perhaps Yamaha made a significant design choice there with the NOR flash memory. And it may have turned out to be the wrong choice in light of Kronos since the Kronos now has sample streaming from SSD for user samples. Will Yamaha continue to follow their same flash technology path or back up and switch to the way Kronos does things? (To bad for them that resistive memory isn't close enough to reality yet.)
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though it's actually supposed to ship this month (so a little pre-NAMM), I'm actually looking forward to seeing/hearing this:

http://kurzweil.com/accessory/kore64/

Would love to get some other synth models inside my PC361. I'm also looking forward to hearing the cymbals, too. As a drummer, I'd love to finally get some decent sounding cymbals in my electronic drumkits. The only ones on the Kronos that I think are even close are the ones that come with the Ricky Lawson Drum EXs, but there just aren't enough sounds in there to justify paying $250 for them. The Kore64 is supposed to retail for $299 and include a ton of new things besides that.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the Kore64 does sound like a worthwhile addition to the PC3 series, they had better have some filter models burned in there because I really don't care for the PC3 filters, except for the "Mogue." I have MUCH better filters in my Kronos and a few other choice synths I'm lucky enough to own.

Even then, I want to hear a demo of the Obie SEM and ARP Chroma, two of my all time fave synths. The Casio CZ too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: