Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

upgrade done, sequancer issue any advice.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darmin De'flern

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: upgrade done, sequancer issue any advice. Reply with quote

Hello been away a good while because My Korg Kronos went in for upgrade and keybed fix. Full upgrade done by ck music Malaysia was:

extra 2 gig of ram (for 1 gig of extras).

purchased and gave them an intel 120 gig SSD to install (in second SSD drive bay)

re done my keybed so instead of pink its blue contacts

updated my os from 1.6 to 2.2

Having had it back I done a new track recorded to sequencer and have had the following issue.

I recorded a combi and used the joystick in the middle 8 to get like a low fi or hushed track then brought it back to normal.

However for some reason if I solo the tracks the only one that it seems to have an effect on is the first track.

So I thought right so midi is running on the first track so I cleverly (or thought) right I play this track while the sound is all the way down so the midi should be firing the joystick instructions on each track while no sound coming from track one.

Only to find that even with the sound down to zero the sound of the first track is playing.

Is this one of the mentioned 2.2 bugs and does 2.5 fix this for me?

Would be grateful for any feedback. I really cant understand even with complex routing how putting a track on zero output (like on a mixer) would mean that the sound is still being routed at full volume doesn't make sense to me. This was a work around anyway.
Rolang VA7, Roland G-70 Ver3, quad core dell lappi with 6gb mem, DAW = Reaper, Amplitube 2,3. Scarlett Fockesrite 18-6, Mackie 1604 mixer, Washburn status 1000 headless bass, Roland 2.1 Monitors, Sunheizer Mic & Monitor headphones, Korg Kronos 88.
ChrisP

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just guessing what could have been the issue...

Did you have Multi Rec turned "on" for all the tracks that you wanted that joystick movement to apply?
Darmin De'flern

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisP wrote:
Just guessing what could have been the issue...

Did you have Multi Rec turned "on" for all the tracks that you wanted that joystick movement to apply?

Not sure as I just done what it says in the manual to change from combi to sequencer to save.

If you play back all the tracks then the joystick works across all tracks. If you start soloing them though this is when the joystick doesn't work it only seems to work on the first track in solo mode.
Rolang VA7, Roland G-70 Ver3, quad core dell lappi with 6gb mem, DAW = Reaper, Amplitube 2,3. Scarlett Fockesrite 18-6, Mackie 1604 mixer, Washburn status 1000 headless bass, Roland 2.1 Monitors, Sunheizer Mic & Monitor headphones, Korg Kronos 88.
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me that sounds like the actual control events are only on the first track. If you don't play the track with the control data at the same time then you won't be playing the movement that gets applied to the second track. Solo track 2 - no control - no effect.

Try using just volume (mix) control to take down track 1's volume rather than using solo function. Track 1 vol=0 but controller data playing, track 2 vol = 127, play both tracks at once.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Darmin De'flern

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billbaker wrote:
To me that sounds like the actual control events are only on the first track. If you don't play the track with the control data at the same time then you won't be playing the movement that gets applied to the second track. Solo track 2 - no control - no effect.

Try using just volume (mix) control to take down track 1's volume rather than using solo function. Track 1 vol=0 but controller data playing, track 2 vol = 127, play both tracks at once.

BB

Yeh I realized the midi information might be on the first track. If you read my feedback I did try this.

However this is what got me confused even though I solo'd track 1 and say track 5 put the first track to 0 (volume) for some reason it still played.

No matter what I put the volume at unless I mute that track the first track will play (at its original volume( this is why I was a bit irate. Because in a mixing environment even if your sending your track to other places if you put the sound down to zero on source then your sending no sound anywhere else.

I have no clue whats going on.
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, misread that first post.

When you copy combi to sequence do the combi track assignments modify as well (to MIDI channels 1-2-3-4...) or are they the same as those in the combi (i.e., Global midi channel and non-sequential channels)? Global midi is one of those maddening things that causes issues like this.

You might also want to look at the global midi filter control assignments to see whether the sequencer's activated to accept and send volume control messages.

As a last try, you may be able to record the missing JS control as an event that can be inserted into the track (5). It should only take a couple of CC#11 commands and should solve the problem.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: