Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volume pedal problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gkmn76

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Volume pedal problem Reply with quote

Hello;
I have a volume pedal(which mark i don't know) I can use that pedal by Nord Electro 3 and Yamaha MO6 without problem,but it's don't work on microstation.I tried many setting in global settins menu > Pedal > Volume or Master volume or Expression...I received signal and control pedal on J(y-) just one time when i restart microstation but signal don't work continious.
And when i tried to calibration setting,i saw that message "Can't calibrate"
By the way pedal input working with sustain pedal.So what's wrong ?
Any idea ?

Thanks...
BillErickson

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever get your pedal sorted out?

I normally use a damper pedal for sustain on my microStation, but just for grins I tried setting up a Yamaha expression pedal and got it working without any trouble:

From the Globals menu:

Controllers>Pedal/SW>
Type:Pedal
PDL:Master Vol

This sounds pretty much what you tried, so I can't explain why it wouldn't work for you. Do you just get full volume or no sound at all?
gkmn76

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for answer;

Quote:
Controllers>Pedal/SW>

I tried that settings,but don't work with my volume pedal.I'd connect sustain pedal,when i push to pedal ; Sound mute
Quote:
Do you just get full volume or no sound at all?

No any effect with volume pedal,volume is same.By the way pedal is still working on Nord Electro
I think that my volume pedal incompatible to Korg.
BillErickson

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gkmn76 wrote:

Quote:
Controllers>Pedal/SW>

I tried that settings,but don't work with my volume pedal.I'd connect sustain pedal,when i push to pedal ; Sound mute

Wait a minute -- I'm confused. You said you connected a "sustain pedal" which is just an on-off switch, right? Well then, I'd expect it to work that way.

The Korg has three different "Types" of foot-thingies:

Damper -- an on/off switch used *just* for sustain.
Switch -- an on/off switch used to control anything else.
Pedal -- a foot-controllable device that sends a value between 0-127.

So, when you say "sustain pedal" do you really mean a foot-controllable device that sends a value between 0-127, or a simple switch that controls on/off?
gkmn76

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm writing my Korg settings and pedal connections;

1) Connection : Volume Pedal (0-127)
Settings : Controllers>Pedal/SW>
Result : No any effect to Master Volume or combi volume

2) Connection : Sustain Pedal (On/Off)
Settings: Controllers>Pedal/SW>
Result : When i push to pedal Volume off (I know,this connection is false for volume control between 0-127)

3)Connection : Sustain Pedal (On/Off)
Settings : Controllers>Pedal/SW>
Type:Damper
Result:Everything is ok for Sustain Pedal

By the way which connection type of your Yamaha Pedal.Mono or Stereo ?
My sustain pedal :Mono Volume Pedal : Stereo
BillErickson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! I get it! When you mentioned "Stereo" that helped me understand...

The Stereo pedal you have *really is* a volume pedal. It takes an audio signal for input, changes the volume according to the pedal position, and then outputs the the result as an audio signal. So a mono pedal would have two sockets (1 in, 1 out) and a Stereo would have 4 (2 in, 2 out). You would plug this sort of pedal into the audio outs of the keyboard, and then plug your speaker system (or mixer, or whatever you want the audio signal to go) into the outputs of the pedal.

The damper/pedal/switch socket on the microStation is for either a simple on/off switch, or an expression pedal that acts as a variable resistor against a current, which the keyboard translates into a 0-127 value. These pedals have just a single cable and plug, not the 2 or 4 sockets found on the audio-based volume pedals. That single plug goes directly to the damper/pedal/switch socket on the keyboard. You don't use that socket, or the the associated controls under Globals/Controller/Pedal, to deal with an audio-based volume pedal like you have.
gkmn76

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for late answer,probably you wrong understood me,i meaned taht balanced and unbalanced jack.My volume pedal is balanced,for example;

http://www.google.com.tr/imgres?hl=tr&tbo=d&biw=1024&bih=644&tbm=isch&tbnid=EyBHN2yzYbFYFM:&imgrefurl=http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php%3Fid%3DNEUNP3X&docid=hx-sMM44kv526M&imgurl=http://www.bluearan.co.uk/sales/connectors/images/NP3X.jpg&w=500&h=440&ei=_ZTlUKr2MtG5hAeRv4DoBQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=278&vpy=223&dur=1814&hovh=211&hovw=239&tx=132&ty=118&sig=117624366444378506102&page=2&tbnh=144&tbnw=156&start=15&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:28,s:0,i:171

And sustain pedal is unbalanced;

http://www.google.com.tr/imgres?hl=tr&tbo=d&biw=1024&bih=644&tbm=isch&tbnid=5ZU1UFGzmuMalM:&imgrefurl=http://en.beglec.com/product/1300/Mono-Jack&docid=k7NDbcfCZjxwIM&imgurl=http://images.beglec.cdn1.be/product/1300/800/1&w=800&h=600&ei=ZZXlUIaPN8u0hAfai4HgBQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=692&sig=117624366444378506102&page=1&tbnh=146&tbnw=192&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:12,s:0,i:118&tx=72&ty=69
pianojuggler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the exact same problem. I also can use the sustain pedal option just fine but when I try to calibrate my expression pedal (an M Audio EX-P) it says "Can't Calibrate". Are only certain expression pedals compatible with the microStation? Thanks so much for your help!!

-pianojuggler
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: