Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG iPolysix

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: KORG iPolysix Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYOymwZkolI

YES YES YES I've been anticipating for this since the Polysix rack in Reason 6.5!

Details:
"The new "KORG iPolysix" polyphonic synth studio for the iPad mini!
iPolysix is an analog polyphonic synthesizer that's been carefully designed to take full advantage of the 7.9-inch display of the new iPad mini as well as the iPad. Bringing together a sequencer, drum machine, and even a mixer, it transforms your iPad or iPad mini into the ultimate analog synth studio. Pack an amazing set of early-'80s analog equipment into your iPad, and time-travel back to the dawn of polyphonic synthesizers!"

Software: Ableton Live Lite Alesis Edition, Pro Tools 10
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome news, thanks for the heads up! Smile
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very expensive - E13.99 as a special offer. I have Korg's other excellent iPad apps but this is too expensive for this synth.

Kevin.
Ojustaboo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bound to be a half price sale at some point, wait until then, that's what I'm doing

Edit: Just seen this is already half price. yes then I agree with you.
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they certainly snuck that one in quietly Smile

Dear Mr Korg... Now that you finished porting the Poly 6 to the iPad, can we have the MonoPoly for Kronos... Ahh, go on, you know you can do it!
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool....now just need to upgrade to an ipad!
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
Very expensive - E13.99 as a special offer. I have Korg's other excellent iPad apps but this is too expensive for this synth.

Kevin.

I respectfully disagree, sir Smile I must say I'm VERY impressed by this app, it's a very well thought through product. One of the best app's in my collection, I'd say.
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hugo -

I've been mulling it over in my mind - you've just tipped the balance for me and I've just bought it!!

iMS20 is truly exquisite - with AniMoog arguably the best music apps out there - and iPolysix looks like it'll join that exclusive club of genuinely good and useful music apps (there's a lot of rubbish out there too).

Cheers, Kevin.
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on an excellent choice, Kevin Smile
Just been tweaking the iPolySix some more, and boy, this is one fun app!
Fantastic work, Korg, keep it up! Very Happy
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Hugo - this is one little gem. Or should I say - a beast. Like with iMS20, putting these synths on iPad is a genius. And, seriously, Korg have figured out how to exploit this technology incredibly well.

For example - the ability to move a knob by hand, but move out from the knob to make a finger movement on a turn of greater Radias [Edit - this forum is turning the word r a d i u s (half the diameter of a circle) into the word Radias (Korgs formant synthesizer )- Sharp - what's with that ????], gives far finer control - in real time - of the parameter than say, using a mouse, or on the OASYS screen. So it brings an entire new way of manipulating sounds in real time and works exceedingly well on this app - because it's straight forward knobs on a screen.

But the addition of a ring modulator as an effect is the master stroke - it turns the instrument into a monster and expands the sound design palette immeasurably. Of course the use of the 2 Kaoss pads on such sound design possibilities just pushes the envelope even more.

But to top it all - and this is not unique to iPolysix but is also true of the PolysixEX version on the OASYS which I own - it actually sounds like a Polysix - or a MonoPoly. I owned a Polysix in the past and still own a MonoPoly - and this is a seriously authentic sounding virtual version. That goes for the sound of the oscillators, the filter and resonance - but also quite critically for both the Polysix and Monopoly - the EG amount knob and Envelopes - these are very characteristic and the software versions replicate the very faithfully. This is particularly important for real time playing of the Arpeggiator, which again sounds almost indistinguishable from the originals. Uncanny!

And then there's the sequencer and drum machine - it goes on and on. I love it.

My only quibble with all iPad apps including this one is that I still haven't quite figured out how to integrate them into my work flow yet - so while when doodling with them they offer all sorts of extraordinary possibilities, such doodlings are difficult to capture in meaningful ways in a DAW environment or to replicate though performance. I personally have been slow to exploit them in actual pieces - but I accept I'm slow of the mark in many such regards. And that said, the clarity, simplicity and accessibility of this app is sublime. But I can assure you - the integration of iMS20 and now this gorgeous iPolysix App are high on my priority list over the coming months.

This is once serious synthesizer.

Kevin
Imacompletenoob

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please tell me how to extend a pattern on it?I only get 4 beats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: