Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DS-10 Plus in the USA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG - Nintendo DS/3DS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: DS-10 Plus in the USA Reply with quote

The DS-10 Plus is now in stock at GameStop.

When I got mine, it was the only copy they had, so you might want to call ahead to reserve one to save a wasted trip.

The double mode works as advertised on the DSi. The song mode is much improved as it allows synth changes when playing now, and tracks can be muted as a pattern. Synth parameters are the same.

Gamestop is offering a $99.99 upgrade to the DSi XL from the DSi, or $129.99 from the DS lite. Retail price of the DSi XL will be $189.99. I plan to compare the audio quality of the DSiXL vs. the DSi when a demo is available in a store to test.
soultron

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of getting the ds10+ and a DSiXL to upgrade from my current setup. Does the DS10+ give you more than 100 patterns in song mode?
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still has 100 patterns in song mode, but in dual mode, you can chain each "side" of the song to give 200 patterns. The song sequencer can play A, B, or A-B chained, plus each step can play and mute any part on both sides simultaneously. In other words, you now have 32 patterns to choose from for each song step, with any part playing or muted. However, each song step plays only one pattern # at a time, such that if you pick pattern #1, for example, then you are playing pattern #1A and #1B as a pair together. You can't play pattern #1A and #2B at the same time.

Still, the song mode is a big improvement for the DS10+. The ability to modify synth parameters and other things while the song is playing is great.

You have to save and load each side (A & B) separately to different memory slots. Dual mode is somewhat confusing because of how it's done - you have to always be aware of what side you're using at any instant.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking I'm going to want the DSiXL because the screen size is more adaptable to performing live with Korg DS+

I was thinking I'd wait until those who buy the DSiXL will eventually tire of it and then want the smaller one. Used gear is as good as new, just cheaper.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Saxifraga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone at Korg or this Forum know if a downloadable version of the DS-10 / plus will be released at the Nintendo Online Shop (DSi and 3DS)?

Is there a DS-10 plus version that can be used with european DSs?

thx in advance
djcactus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright i have one copy of ds-10 plus it will run on a ds-lite and classic but it will only function as a classic ds-10 copy with some expanded song mode options.

The ds-10 plus allows you to run two save files simultaneously and you can even do two separate mixes in song mode.

If your kids have discarded a dsi and you happen to see ds-10+ around id say pick it up. Other then that if you already have an ipad or iphone the other apps out seem to be pretty nice.

And no there probably isnt a downloadable version unless you've found an R4 card that runs on the dsi or ads
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG - Nintendo DS/3DS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: