Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome 88 vs MOX8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KronosSoundDesigns

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Krome 88 vs MOX8 Reply with quote

Regarding the Krome 88 vs. MOX8, ive been looking at a lot of youtube stuff for both of these boards and can't decide which to buy? They are both in my price range. Can anyone shed some light on my dilema?
Casio HT-3000, Korg Wavestation, Roland Juno-D, Korg NS5R, Korg X-50, Korg Kontroller 49, Akai MPK 88, Korg M50, Korg Radias, Atmosphere, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, East West Studios various instruments, Roland Juno-Gi, Yamaha MOX8, Kronos 7.
johnnypro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: korg Krome vs MOX8 Reply with quote

I have an MOX8 and a Krome61. If you're gonna do a LOT of patch tweaking, then I would go Krome. I like the MOX8 and use it basically for a Piano and "bottom" synth. I haven't gotten into tweaking the Yamaha at all as it's kinda daunting without a touchscreen (Yes I am soooooooo spoiled, and have little time). But the sounds on the Yamaha are 1st rate, and even tho the Korg has 6x the ROM memory, I don't think the piano sounds that much better. But I'm using them with a wedding band. Also, while the "one man band" combis are cool on the Krome, the ones on the Yamaha are better, IMHO

Past Korgs: Korg Lambda, Korg Poly 6, Korg Poly 800, M1ex, T1, T3, T2, 01w, 01w/fd, TR6101wPro88, N5, N5ex, N1, Trinity V3, Triton, TRiton Le, Triton EX, X3, X5, X50.
KronosSoundDesigns

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: korg Krome vs MOX8 Reply with quote

johnnypro wrote:
I have an MOX8 and a Krome61. If you're gonna do a LOT of patch tweaking, then I would go Krome. I like the MOX8 and use it basically for a Piano and "bottom" synth. I haven't gotten into tweaking the Yamaha at all as it's kinda daunting without a touchscreen

thanks, Johnnypro, i am wondering, why haven't you tried tweaking sounds with the MOX8's PC editor, or have you? could you break down how many actual patches the MOX8 has aside from the 256 performances i read about. i mean how many program locations are there in the MOX8 and maybe tell me a little bit about the structure of them?
Casio HT-3000, Korg Wavestation, Roland Juno-D, Korg NS5R, Korg X-50, Korg Kontroller 49, Akai MPK 88, Korg M50, Korg Radias, Atmosphere, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, East West Studios various instruments, Roland Juno-Gi, Yamaha MOX8, Kronos 7.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: