Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa2x PRO - led lights are ON all the time
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolenjcek

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Pa2x PRO - led lights are ON all the time Reply with quote

Hi!

Today I noticed some strange thing. Some of led lights keep on burning, even when booting keyboard.
These are Player1 - Play, Harmony, Upper, Performance Select, Piano, Organ & Trumpet.

They light in dimmed state (less than normal).
Any clue what's going on? Everything else seems normal. The buttons are working well.

Oh, forgot to mention. Half a year ago, lower led beside Favorite button stopped working. Synth was purchased in december 2010.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably time to open up the keyboard and re-seat all cable connections and socketed ICs

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you have the replacement boards installed for the original LED problems.

I did BUT although my LEDs all worked OK after that, some of them still had a permanent low glimmer.

Thoraldus' suggestion is well worth trying first.

Good luck

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Dolenjcek

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, no replacement yet.
I had problems (while synth was still in guarantee) with sts1 & sts2 (occasionally did not work).
I (still) have problem with usb device port, on every computer I get an error Device not recognised. It just stopped working (tried on several different computers).

It's strange, becouse I work very carefully with my keyboard when transporting.
My previous synth was Roland EM2000 (built mainly from plastic), bought second hand, I used it for 10 years and nothing went wrong.
Now I'm using 'PRO' synth and in 3 years, many problems.

Is seems, that good quality is not anymore guaranted with higher price.

Will try to dissamble it tonight.
olegnakorg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: pa2xpro led problems Reply with quote

I replaced various LEDs on my pa2xpro a few months ago and the keyboard was working fine for a while. Suddenly I am also having the same problem with various LED lights on the pa2xpro which just stay on or are dimly lit. I make sure not to load unknown sets or global or songbook data I have re formatted and loaded the operating system various times but still the same problem. The functions of the pa2xpro work normally but it is disconcerting when random lights are on and you don't know exactly where you are. Is it possible that it is a problem with the main circuit board. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
Cheers........
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=53855

Replacing LEDs could be a total waste of time & money.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: pa2xpro led problems Reply with quote

olegnakorg wrote:
I replaced various LEDs on my pa2xpro a few months ago and the keyboard was working fine for a while

That's exactly your problem since soldering conductive acceleration materials are scattered
around board gates area and give false logic state !
You must dismount led board and clean it with proper liquid for circuit soldered parts without residues !
Then you'll return to ordinary led function !

All PaSeries users must notice this issue with half triggered led buffers where there is no essential malfunction
since the most bright led is the actual working one , definitely a hardware problem and this
can be happening for three reasons

1) When a non experienced person has soldered the led board module in order to replace a component
2) Keyboard has been exposed to extended environment moisture over 95% but this will be temporary .
3) The most common situation where a non volatile liquid with conductive steroids like alcohol , has been
penetrated in led board which must be cleaned the sooner possible !
This 3rd issue can definitely cause permanent destruction of controller board !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
olegnakorg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: led problem Reply with quote

Thanks very much for your replies. When I mentioned that I replaced the LED's the work was actually carried out by an authorised instrument repairer and not myself. I assume that they did the soldering in a professional and acceptable manner taking into account the issues that your raised. Should i take the keyboard back to this repairer or try to clean the board myself?.... Thanks
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you feel capable ... Yes !
Go to an electronics Store and ask for a board soldering residues dissolve , apply to a cloth material
and clean around soldered LED areas of board , easy to find 'cause of brown - black colored marks !

This board is very sensitive to the slightest reverse current flow that even 10M ohms trans-conductance can
cause logic gates activation that probably these "authorized instrument repairers" do not even know !!!

Also every soldering type include different chemical residues that create various transconductance among the islets
of circuit and some types also scatter lead particles surround soldering area , that's why it's very important to
meticulously clean board after every soldering with the proper cleaning chemicals !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
parid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have this problem but I have never had a problem when I work with him
lotty1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa2x PRO - led lights are ON all the time Reply with quote

Dolenjcek wrote:
Hi!

Today I noticed some strange thing. Some of led lights keep on burning, even when booting keyboard.
These are Player1 - Play, Harmony, Upper, Performance Select, Piano, Organ & Trumpet.

They light in dimmed state (less than normal).
Any clue what's going on? Everything else seems normal. The buttons are working well.

Oh, forgot to mention. Half a year ago, lower led beside Favorite button stopped working. Synth was purchased in december 2010.

If you are good with a soldering iron open up keyboard check area where led are permeably lit tap with the insulated end of a small screw driver. If led flicker then check Joints. Resolder if necessary. Check for loose sockets.
Dolenjcek

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I had quite a few gigs lately so I didn't have time (and guts) to take it apart.
Last week I also found out, that button Ending 1 is not working anymore (I don't use it at all, so it couldn't be broken due to 'overuse').

So today I took my keyboard to authorized service (had to go all accros our country Sad ).

My next synth will not be Korg. That's a fact!
lotty1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get it back I would sell it. I had pa2xpro for three years my thought were to sell it as soon as it was out of warranty.
Having said that I had my Kronos for two years now and I can't every see myself selling that.
Dolenjcek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesteday I finally got it from service.
Broken led and Ending 1 were repaired (85€).
USB is not repaired, due to unknown broken chip (they told me that even in in Korg Italy don't have it).

Dimmed leds cannot be repaired, but they suggest me to replace pcb board (they didn't know the price).

I found PCB right panel borad on this site:
http://www.guitar-parts.com/catalog/korg-pcb-left-pa1xpro

Does anybody know this shop? Is it safe to buy?

[/url]
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolenjcek wrote:
Dimmed leds cannot be repaired, but they suggest me to replace pcb board (they didn't know the price)

I believe that is not accurate ! there are no defected LEDs !
Disassemble right panel board , sink in a bawl with a strong detergent , use a tooth brush to clear all cover free soldered
surfaces , dry board with hot air motor for some time and reassemble it !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: