Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa2x PRO - led lights are ON all the time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stratario

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Anthony for taking the time and the explanation.

Very Happy
Ritchie_Blackmore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have PA2x Pro too and 2 leds are out I mean they dont light but the buttons are working one is EFFECTS from MIC SECTION second is SINGLE TOUCH I must replace them with new ones in authorized service not by my own Wink Smile
Ritchie_Blackmore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done! I have new Blue LEDS in my PA2x! Now all LEDS are working! My friend from Germany sent me Original Blue LEDS for PA2x Pro Item № LED0001004 Smile Wink

Last edited by Ritchie_Blackmore on Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ritchie_Blackmore wrote:
I have new Blue LEDS in my PA2x! Now all LEDS are working! My friend from Germany sent me Original Blue LEDS/8 pieces 5.70Euro each
I wouldn't call him "my friend" ... This is a real robbery , 5.7 euro x 8 = 45,6 euro !!!
Look below a random link , with 45,6 euros you can buy 4.145 3mm blue leds ...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100pcs-3mm-Blue-LED-Light-Emitting-Diode-T8-/302097250950?hash=item4656663a86:g:74AAAOSwNRdX9TWo

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
simondrake

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeaR Anthony, my pa2x has again a led issue. I sent it back when it was covered by warranty in 2012 and they fixed the problem. Now I have about 5 leds not working. Should I buy the leds from the link you posted and replace myself? Is this difficult or dangerous for the keyboard? Thanks.

Last edited by simondrake on Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:43 am; edited 2 times in total
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a long time since I had Pa2X , but as far as I remember the initial problem there had two issues , leds were more
sensitive in current than the 3mm series and led driver resistors value was lower than it should be !
So by default those faulty leds will be burned one after the other in time depth according to their working time so what I did
in my Pa2X that time , was to replace all board leds and get rid of this frequent led diodes replacement.
The procedure is quite easy if you're skilled in disassembling boards and you know the essentials of soldering circuit boards.
The only difficulty is to find the leds polarity possition (longer pin of led is the positive) for each leds group , so you have to
measure voltage polarity of working leds of each group while board is in power supply !
My advice is to buy leds and hire a technician to replace them !
In both cases pay attention of soldering type , since containing flux must be "clean type" since no conductive residues
must be left on board , otherwise the "dimming" phenomenon will occur !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
simondrake

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS a lot. I see what I can do!
Ritchie_Blackmore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't call him "my friend" ... This is a real robbery , 5.7 euro x 8 = 45,6 euro !!! Yes HE IS "MY FRIEND" long long time ago he is from Bulgaria too and he is working in Germany from 6 years! That"s not ROBBERY this is a GIFT from him like many other things that he sent me! Regards Smile Wink
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ritchie_Blackmore wrote:
...this is a GIFT from him

Then case is closed , but if we want to be accurate , this is only you that proudly announced the cost of those leds
without having a clue about diodes cost , discouraging Pa2X users to buy them ... so do not blame others for your
own published words and just learn that price of each LED diode is 0,01 - 0,02 euros ! Wink

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simondrake wrote:
Dead Anthony, my pa2x ...

Just noticed that ...
3d Faint

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been a long long time issue and IMHO one of the really bad and unlucky issues with the PA series.
PLEASE listen to Antony regarding this - we are very lucky to have his support and knowledge on these forums.

My PA2Xpro was fine for about 18 months (well out of warranty here in Oz!) then the LEDs played up and started to "glow" and blow out.
Kong said they would honour any repairs and did so.

I had both boards, brand new from Italy (left and right) sent to our distributor for me - my local engineer installed them - all perfect!!!

BUT BUT BUT 8 months later many LEDs started to glow again (but not blow) so I would never buy a PA2Xpro again no matter what.
(I am useless with a soldering iron!!!)

Hope everything works out OK for you - I know that some owners had it sorted out successfully.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Ritchie_Blackmore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And so what... only you that proudly announced the cost of those leds... discouraging Pa2X users to buy them! I dont wanna blame anybody! Every one buys parts at his own risk if they are so cheap! I just wanna ORIGINAL Parts no matter how expensive they are!!! Look here https://www.guitar-parts.com/catalog/korg-led-blue-pa2xpro Smile Rolling Eyes
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ritchie_Blackmore wrote:
And so what... only you that proudly announced the cost of those leds... discouraging Pa2X users to buy them! I dont wanna blame anybody! Every one buys parts at his own risk if they are so cheap! I just wanna ORIGINAL Parts no matter how expensive they are!!! Look here https://www.guitar-parts.com/catalog/korg-led-blue-pa2xpro Smile Rolling Eyes

Ritchie if you have more contact with actually electronic parts, you know parts build years ago are lower quality and more expensive that they making today.
.... this is why they going down (the originals), they weak. Wink
BTW, if you ever wonder why they discontinued this part ?
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selfish proudness in ignorance doesn't help anyone that's for sure ...
The truth is that the original 3mm blue led that was used in Pa2X , is the worst choice you can ever have , since this
old Chinese brand led is totally out of specs , with poor brightness and low power diode that will be easily burned again
so it's a total waste of time and money !
This belongs to cases that there is no original but just a faulty part (Korg doesn't manufacture even a single electronic part) !
That's why we have a forum and experts are willing to help end-users , so just a question and a decent behavior attitude
are enough for your questions to be answered !

simondrake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
simondrake wrote:
Dead Anthony, my pa2x ...

Just noticed that ...
3d Faint

Dear Anthony I apology for my typo. It is due to the Italian keyboard and the automatic correction. I am very sorry and wish you all the best!

PS edited!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: