Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Namm 2013 Thread - Post your content here.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Namm 2013 Thread - Post your content here. Reply with quote

Hi all.
Can everyone put whatever Namm related news / leaks we pick up into this thread please.

Saw this link today over on GizMag .

Moog are set to release a "Sub Phatty".
http://www.gizmag.com/moog-sub-phatty-synthesizer-2013/25778/

Regards
Sharp.

Last edited by Sharp on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit... I'll make this a sticky for the next few weeks.
chilly7
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Namm 2013 Thread - Post your content here. Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Hi all.
Can everyone put whatever Namm related news / leaks we pick up into this thread please.

Saw this link today over on GizMag .

Moog are set to release a "Sub Phatty".
http://www.gizmag.com/moog-sub-phatty-synthesizer-2013/25778/

Regards
Sharp.

Well, i think Virus must come with new Ti and also all 3 keyboard anufaxtors ( Roland, Yamana and Kurzweil) must come with rpasment of thir Top of the Line jeyboard, i am not saying i am exsited, because i am happy with my Mac computer and musical software on it, but just saying.... Rolling Eyes
Ahnyxrik

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: NAMM 2013 Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone is going to release anything synthesizer-wise I'd be interested in this year. So far I have not seen anything at all that gets me excited. Rumors or otherwise. Sad If the Moog SUB-PHATTY has NO patch memory, I'd rather buy a Vintage MOOG instead. I think the Arturia Minibrute & MOOG Minitaur are awesome but miss the bill when having to quickly shape a sound for live. It worked well in the '70's but I don't know if it will work out today... I don't drag a computer onstage just to load my USB/SYX files into the synth before each song.... Can't they add the memory? Analog is the way we want to go, but NO MEMORY??? WTF??? Please KORG don't release an analog synth without program/patch memory.... we WANT to save our sounds! Not dial them in before we play live! I am sure someone else agrees with me on this!

I do hope for a big surprise! But I do think we would have heard of it or it would have been leaked by now..... Guess MOOG will be the Gold Taker this Winter 2013 in the Synthesizer Department!! We'll see......
gjvti

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casio is teasing with something in line with their new strategy
http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/74-the-namm-show-2013/#entry426

Actually its is amusing to see what people are saying on various forums what they expect to release from manufacturers. That makes me think - are they going to buy that all? I personally think there is no much what can be improved sound engine-wise. Most state-of-the art VSTs can generate and modulate about everything, VSTs support a great number of various synthesis methods and technologies, Korg even managed to put the essence of all that technology in the Kronos workstation. We've got a number of excellent synth engines on iOS Animoog, PPG, some of Korg's legacy etc. What else? Something real analogue - well, maybe, if it comes with effective meaningful and expressive controls. Perhaps Elektron's Analog 4 is one good example of analogue sound and elaborated control synergy.

Maybe it is time to recap the Robert Moogs interview - what is the future of synthesizers - it is in controllers.
http://www.furious.com/perfect/moog.html

I'm personally interested in Ableton Push controller and KMI QuNexus and LinnStrument in particular, as well as some (yes, I have a vision... if only I could code...) real-time multitrack midi manipulation/workstation software like Karma - more universal (usable for every synth engine vst/ios/hardware) and easier to program preferably on iOS as it is great for control and is always on and ready to go. These are things to which my wallet stays open Smile
chilly7
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well actualy there is something that migh get me exited. I think Metric Halo must come with a new replasent for their top of the line audio interfese to rplace ULN-8. Which will have finaly Thunderbolt interface in to aditionl impruvements

P.s. and some sftware manufactors might come with a new Amazing saftware, hopfuly for exmple Reaktor6 , Amplitube 4, FM9... Very Happy
MoonMusic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamaha might have something new but it's way too vague.....moon

http://www.yamaha.com/namm/
DAW - Protools 9 - HD3 Accel
Plugs - All Spectrasonics,Steve Slate Drums 4.0,Slate Trigger,NI Komplete 9 Ultimate,Korg Legacy,Melodyne 3,Evo Autotune,HD3 Pack,Liquid Mix, Eleven, Ample Sound Guitars
Mics - Audio Technica 4033sm, Apogee mic, several Shure SM-57s, 2- Beta 52, 2- AT 3031, 2- Samson CO2
Other - V-Drums, DW Drums, Zildjian A Customs, Muse Research Qu4ttro, Open Labs Miko Timbaland Edition
MoonMusic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS....I'm starting to feel the excitment already.....Even though I don't buy much and definitely won't since I just got the Kronos, I still get excited like it's Christmas the week before NAMM...LOL....moon
DAW - Protools 9 - HD3 Accel
Plugs - All Spectrasonics,Steve Slate Drums 4.0,Slate Trigger,NI Komplete 9 Ultimate,Korg Legacy,Melodyne 3,Evo Autotune,HD3 Pack,Liquid Mix, Eleven, Ample Sound Guitars
Mics - Audio Technica 4033sm, Apogee mic, several Shure SM-57s, 2- Beta 52, 2- AT 3031, 2- Samson CO2
Other - V-Drums, DW Drums, Zildjian A Customs, Muse Research Qu4ttro, Open Labs Miko Timbaland Edition
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonMusic wrote:

Considering the Motif series has been flogged to death for 12 years, I think it's a safe bet to assume they will have a new workstation. The Motif line is pretty poor compared to the KRONOS.

Regards
Sharp.
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
MoonMusic wrote:

Considering the Motif series has been flogged to death for 12 years, I think it's a safe bet to assume they will have a new workstation. The Motif line is pretty poor compared to the KRONOS.

Regards
Sharp.

a new one at THIS YEAR'S NAMM????? Like announced next week? or meaning that down the line (in the future) they will have a new workstation.

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say at next weeks namm.

Seems only logical.

They had nothing to match the OASYS, but it was a clear message to them of what KORG were doing and it gave them plenty of time to develop something.

Then KORG released the KRONOS to up the game even more, and still no new Yamaha. So I'd say this year is the year they will do something new, and not another Motif.

Their website also says "Stay Tuned, an entirely new Yamaha at Namm." I know that's nothing really to go on but it sounds promising when you consider everything.

Regards
Sharp.

Last edited by Sharp on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
xp50player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Yamaha/Roland does come out with new good stuff. It is market competition that gives us awesome products.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xp50player wrote:
I hope Yamaha/Roland does come out with new good stuff. It is market competition that gives us awesome products.

Me too.

I did hear that Roland where going to release a PC version of the iPad editor they have for the Integra 7. Not sure if that will be at this Namm show though.

Regards
Sharp.
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the ad says a new yamaha@namm SITE not a new product as such....so maybe just more semantic spin from Yamaha.
blinkofanI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sharp,
Are you going this year? Seems we missed each other by a couple of minutes in 2011, from what i got from Rich...

Blink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: