Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AX1000G Button Repair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yoa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: AX1000G Button Repair Reply with quote

Hi all,

So I picked up a sweet AX1000G today for $50, and it is freaking amazing! Not as high quality as I would expect with some effects, but it makes sense.

Anyway, so it being used, I found that the buttons/footswitches 1-4 are not functional. The LEDs are, though, so I don't think it's a digital problem. Is there anything I should be aware of before taking it apart and cleaning the switches? I'm only assuming that's the problem, the rest of the unit is pretty dirty.

Current electronic equipment: Korg Kaossilator, miniKP, microKORG, nanoKEY, nanoPAD, nanoKONTROL, monotron, Pandora PX5D, AX1000G, M-Audio Keystation 88es, Casio VL Tone, Soundcraft 102 mixer, laptop (which, among other things, has the KORG Legacy Collection and various NI stuffs), Acer Iconia a100 (has many music apps), Stylophone, Yamaha DX7
alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I repaired AX3000 and many of its microbuttons on PCB were bad, especially ones under footswitcses.
These microbuttons cannot be opened/cleaned, but are replaceable quite easily.
Yoa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thankfully able to repair it merely by (get this) tightening the PCB. Apparently the last user knocked it about a fair bit. The 4th tactile switch is still broken, but I've found that I mainly use it in individual mode, so I can just turn it off via the upper buttons.

Current electronic equipment: Korg Kaossilator, miniKP, microKORG, nanoKEY, nanoPAD, nanoKONTROL, monotron, Pandora PX5D, AX1000G, M-Audio Keystation 88es, Casio VL Tone, Soundcraft 102 mixer, laptop (which, among other things, has the KORG Legacy Collection and various NI stuffs), Acer Iconia a100 (has many music apps), Stylophone, Yamaha DX7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: