Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg TR Rack Insert FX Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gorku

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Korg TR Rack Insert FX Question Reply with quote

Hello, i'm new on the Korg forums and i own a good old TR rack since a few days. i'm pretty impressed of this about 20 years old "Synth". i really like the sounds, effects and the drum kits. nonetheless, the sounds of the TR, as known, are hard to edit with the few buttons on the front side. because of this, i use a commercial universal editor which works really well with the TR and other stuff. anyways...currently i'm trying to map 16 drum kits with 16 Midi channels in the Multi Mode to the 16 tracks of my Machinedrum which worked out well. now i want to add/group a stereo compressor to all tracks (except for the bassdrum), which is oddly enough only available as insert effect. the issue here is, i simply don't get the insert effects to work. i've tried all imaginable things. they aren't audible no matter what i do in the editor. but the Master Effects are working at least. i must add, i'm not 100% familiar with the Effects Sizes and its routing system. i do not want to add effects on every single Drum sound in the Drum Oscilator Mode, just group one or two on the 16 tracks (Compression, Amp Sim, Limiting, what ever). i would be very glad, if any TR Rack owner here in the Forum is willing to help me out. thanks in advance!

p.s. english is not my native language, so excuse possible misstakes in my grammar Wink
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have TR-Rack, only a standard Trinity.

Drums are unique in that you can specify which individual drum sample can go to which insert effect on the track. This effectively bypasses other routings.

If the TR-Rack is anything like my Trinity, you can edit the drum samples, including their individual effects routings, from the Global menu.

Once you've found your drum settings in Global menu, the manual states:

Quote:
"Insert FX [OFF, Inst 1…Inst 4]
Specifies the effect to which the drum sample assigned to each key will be output.
With a setting of OFF, it will not be output.
With a setting of Inst 1–Inst 4, the sound will be output to the specified one of four insert effects
[E1]–[E4] selected for the drum mode program."

Gorku

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i figured out everything just a few days after my questions. why not all of the mapped drums are affected by specific insert fx's, is resolved. they simply weren't linked to any inserts. you can couple/uncouple every single drum sound of your choice to the inserts. let's say, you want a compressor on insert 3 and a limiter at the end of the chain, on insert 4 of your custom Kit. you can un-couple all mapped Bass drums (or just one) from the chain, so that they passing both- or one of the insert effects. by the way, you can only do this via a editor, not on the TR Rack itself. in sounddiver or trinitro it works better and fastest. in MidiQuest it takes a bit longer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: