Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA600 - different styles used in same song?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: PA600 - different styles used in same song? Reply with quote

I like to play the song "Green Dolphin Street" which starts in a Latin style and in the bridge goes to a swing style ... on my technics kn6000 I was able to do this using Panel Memory buttons ... is there a way to do this on the PA600?
sranj

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably one has to set up two performances, switch from one to another?
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I learned how to make a new style using 'Variations' from two different styles ... In my case, I used a bossa style and the BeBop style ...Doing it this way limits me to two variations for each style, but for one particular song that is ok ...Here are the instructions I got, which actually tell you how to replace different elements - voices/tracks/variations within a style, but you can apply it to creating a new style from two different ones ...

Start with the keyboard in style play mode. You may be using a funky style lets say in the 'dance style tabs group' but there is too much going on in it . Perhaps you like the drums but the bass is too busy or the guitar too much in your face. You may prefer the strumming pattern from another style lets say in the '16 beat style group'
and the brass from one of the Gospel styles.

Make a note of the tracks you want to change ie drums,percusion, bass Acc2 Acc3 Acc4 acc5 etc

Make a note of the tracks you want to copy and the groups they are from ie '16 beat group groove style accomp 2 wah wah guitar or whatever

You should now have noted what you want to change and what you want to change it to.

We will start to edit the style that you feel most fits what you want but needs some editing so press record. Its the big red button on tyhe PA1X dont know for the PA800.... This will take you to a screen that asks you what you want to edit

1 select record/edit current style(that should be selected by the instrument as a default)and press ok
2. It will take you to the style record page press the reel(looks like a film reel) icon for recording lets say the bass. We dont need to record anything as we are going to delete the bass sound.
3 Press the menu button
4. select style edit . Press the delete all tab at the bottome of the screen .Make sure that you delete all. In practise you could just delete some of the pattern say from bars 1-4 but thats more advanced than i want to deal with right now !

5 Press execute and then press. Now press the copy from style tab at the bottom of the screen.

6. then press the select button as this will then show you all the styles in the group your original style is from. There are tabs to the left of the screen so you can quickly select the style that you want to copy from ( remember the styles you noted down at the begining. Then simply select the style you want to copy from, select the element of the style ie Acc 1,2,3,4 drums bass etc and select the element you will be copying too ie Acc 1,2,3 etc . In this example it will be the bass sound from which ever style you prefer . Press execute and voila it will be in the style. You can press the delete tab and delete the other elements that you wanted to change pressing execute after each change

7. choose another style from the copy from style tab lets say the 6 string guitar style from the 8 beat group of styles because you liked the guitar .

8 Select the element that you want to copy from and move to etc. You can do this repeated from this page remembering to press execute after each change.

9 When you have finished making changes press menu again and you will be on style record page again. Press the drop down tab at the top right of the page and save the newly composed style and you can even overwrite the factory style rather than save it as a user style. Press the big red record button off screen and it will then ask warn you that you can lose what you have edited unless you save it. Press yes to save and then you are back in style play mode. Select your edited style and enjoy !!!
sranj

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for this very useful tutorial.
hope this works in all korg arrangers including microarranger.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: