Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Emx With band in a live situation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pixxapo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Emx With band in a live situation Reply with quote

Hi I'm using an emx-1SD in a project with a band and need a way of keeping the band in time with the emx tracks as the effects that have been used on the synth lines are often delayed and difficult to stay in time to. Was thinking a click track but how would that work in a live situation if it is even an option? Btw kind of a noob with the emx only had the thing a year figured out a lot of stuff with it but there's plenty I don't know about it.
Cheers
Pixxapo
hofa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can make a "click track" using one of the drum parts and send it thru outputs 3&4 and use it as a metronome for your bandmates.
Cry UFO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOOM! .. what Hofa said!

if you want to get tricky you can pan drums left for channel 3 and right for channel 4 (once you've set those outputs)... don't know what your band is like but drummers sometimes want a different kinda rhythm to the guitarist type fellas or vice versa ....

I use it this way to separate my kicks from my snares/hats
neotechtonics
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you also send the metronome out 3/4? If you don't want to use up drum parts, but the metronome is lame if I remember right.

KORG GEAR: EMX1-SM -- EMX1-SD -- KAOSS PAD3 -- MICROKORG -- KAOSSILATOR PRO -- NANOKONTROL1
OTHER GEAR: Roland SP404, MC303 -- Akai MPC-2500 SE -- Zoom R16 -- effects pedals -- DJ-gear -- Access Virus B
Pixxapo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys i was thinking i had to buy a seperate console for a click track but again thanks a lot for the help
Pix
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: