Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Piano Evolution Sound work?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
workplace85

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Piano Evolution Sound work? Reply with quote

Hello, I want better piano sound for this keyboard Pa600, I received a few days ago. I was wondering if the Piano Evolution pack available from Irish Acts Studios is compatible with this keyboard. The reference manual page 133 or pdf page 137. It states:

-Pa600 is fitted with a 96MB PCM Sample memory, that allows you to load Sounds and Drum Kits based on User PCM Samples
in the Pa-Series format. Compressed PCM Samples cannot be
loaded.-

iris acts studios piano evolution link.
http://www.irishacts.com/?p=342

thanks for all the help.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own that website, so it was probably yourself that I answered an email from this morning.

There's no reason why it shouldn't work. The Pa600 is supposed to be able to read other Pa-Series files. I just haven't personally sat down at a Pa600 and tested it myself. That said, if you want to try it, I would be happy to issue a full refund if there are any issues.

Regards
Sharp.
workplace85

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Yes it does load and work flawlessly on the Pa600 Very Happy

These are great piano voices by the way. At $20usd it's a bargain.

edit:
I forgot to mention, the piano sample sound that are on the irishacts.com website is either not accurate or my computer is not good enough. I have a HT Omega Claro+ sound card. Its sounds much better on the keyboard.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, thanks for letting me know.

Quote:
edit:
I forgot to mention, the piano sample sound that are on the irishacts.com website is either not accurate or my computer is not good enough. I have a HT Omega Claro+ sound card. Its sounds much better on the keyboard.

Often that's a “Windows” thing

By default most computers are set to add articifcal loudness, compression, and stereo widening to any audio file you play back. This most certianly changes the sound from what you should be hearing to somthing that's just focused on louness.

If you right click ont the Speaker Icon on your task bar, you should then be able to click on Play Back Devices.

You then see the window on the left. Click Spealers, and then properties. You then see the window on the right. If you turn off the envorment enhancments, you should hear the demo's as they were recorded.

Regards
Sharp.
workplace85

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information Sharp.

I have also loaded Pa3x sounds onto the Pa600 and it also works.
elio2000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, may be you can help me to understand why groovpad for pa3x I got from ekosonicgroup don't work on pa600. Is there any way to convert them to use on PA600 . Thank you
workplace85

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, what is the size of that sample you got? also, have you loaded any other sounds from pa3x besides this one?
workplace85

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Sharp, I was looking at one of the old posts

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=41672&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

"1. This is the full Steinway sample set for the Pa2x and it requires 71 Mbytes of sample RAM all by itself. It takes about 2 minutes to load on the Pa2x."

by any chance the Steinway piano sample for the Pa2x is still available for download?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.
Not that specific one, but a different one is coming VERY soon.

I've been delayed because my workload is extremely high right now, and on top of that I even replaced my website and shopping cart with the new system you see right now.

Lots to do, so little time.

Regards
Sharp.
workplace85

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite interested in a piano sample that is at least 64Mb in size and is compatible with the Pa600. Looking forward to it.

I was wondering if the Korg Pa600 or ther Pa series could read KSC files that were created on the Triton or M3?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]I was wondering if the Korg Pa600 or ther Pa series could read KSC files that were created on the Triton or M3?[/quote

Yes and no.

No KORG Arranger will read a KSC file, but a KSC file is only a Text File which tells a Workstation what KMP files to load and in what order.

A KMP file is the Multisample data, and a KSF file is the sample.

So if you simply forget about the KSC file and manually load the KMP files yourself into your Pa600, then it will actually work. The KMP file will load, and it will tell your Pa-Series what KSF files to load.

So yes, it works that way and you can load OASYS, KRONOS, M3 and Trition Series data into your Pa-Series.

Regards
Sharp.

PS..... Seems there was a odd random problem with my shopping cart that it sent out a bank email which bounced back, instead of a email containing the links to Piano Evolution download. The issue has been resolved, and I have contacted those who might be effected by this. Sorry if this has caused anyone any problems.

If you have tried to download some of the free files, and you didn't get them, please download them again now and it will work.
Technobob13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sharp

I remember doing a similar thing years ago with Awave software and a TR61 without sampler card. However, I can't get the PA600 to see the KMP in any mode, apart from if I want to delete it, then it shows up with a green icon in the display!

Any ideas?

[quote="Sharp"][quote]I was wondering if the Korg Pa600 or ther Pa series could read KSC files that were created on the Triton or M3?[/quote

Yes and no.

No KORG Arranger will read a KSC file, but a KSC file is only a Text File which tells a Workstation what KMP files to load and in what order.

A KMP file is the Multisample data, and a KSF file is the sample.

So if you simply forget about the KSC file and manually load the KMP files yourself into your Pa600, then it will actually work. The KMP file will load, and it will tell your Pa-Series what KSF files to load.

So yes, it works that way and you can load OASYS, KRONOS, M3 and Trition Series data into your Pa-Series.

Regards
Sharp.

Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a set of 8 Pianos created from the Pa3x and as far as I know should work fine on the Pa600 - see the following thread for the download link.
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=82408
Regards,
John
Haniaudio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sharp"]
Quote:

PA600 cannot read KMP or KSF files Sad
Sorry for my late answer but I come just to read this post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: