Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D1600 help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rockledge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: D1600 help Reply with quote

I joined the forum to get help about this machine.
There are things I wish to know about it but cannot seem to find answers to.

I would like to know if a D1600 MK1 with current updates can recognize a 40g drive, and if not if a less than 20 will work.
Also are there any particular brands of drives anyone has tried that didn't work with this machine?

I would also like to be able to drive a drum machine with midi on occasion, does this machine do song position pointer? If so is it with MTC or Clock mode?

I am certain other things will arise that I need to know as I figure this machine out.

Thank you for any answers, and thanks to those who maintain the forum.
vtdrummer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: D1600 help Reply with quote

rockledge wrote:
I joined the forum to get help about this machine.
There are things I wish to know about it but cannot seem to find answers to.

I would like to know if a D1600 MK1 with current updates can recognize a 40g drive, and if not if a less than 20 will work.
Also are there any particular brands of drives anyone has tried that didn't work with this machine?

I would also like to be able to drive a drum machine with midi on occasion, does this machine do song position pointer? If so is it with MTC or Clock mode?

I am certain other things will arise that I need to know as I figure this machine out.

Thank you for any answers, and thanks to those who maintain the forum.

I might be able to answer this... I'm a new member, just registered, but saw this while searching for info myself.

I just received my D1600 yesterday, and it's not a MKII, so I'm assuming it's a MKI... It arrived with a 40GB IDE drive installed in the drive rack. I had it out last night, when I first opened it up and was checking it all out. So "Yes", it will work fine with a 40GB drive. I can't recall the model, but it was a pretty standard drive brand, I do remember.

Sorry, but being so new to this, I cannot answer the other question.
rockledge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. In the interim I decided to experiment and found that quite a few old drives I had laying around formatted up and worked well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: