Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PX5D screen frozen / non responsive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oshbosh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: PX5D screen frozen / non responsive Reply with quote

hi,

today i dropped my px5d, it wasn't a bad fall and have had worse. when i powered it up it is stuck on the last effect i was using (biglead) and none of the buttons are responsive and there is no sound.

when i run through the factory reset procedure (i.e. hold rhythm & up cursor while powering up) instead of being asked if want to reset, 'U00', appears on screen and again none of the buttons / controls are responsive.

Please help !!!

thanks in advance,

Oshbosh
_oggy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I just came to post the exact same question. Dropped the thing, and got the exact same symptoms that you describe. It was still working immediately after the drop, but was stuck on a preset. After the next power-up it was still stuck but I had no sound. Trying to reset had the same effect as you describe. I opened it up, but I couldn't find anything visibly damaged inside (I'm clueless when it comes to electronics, though).

I'm guessing the thing is bricked Sad But posting just in case you managed to get it to work somehow.

_oggy
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest you contact your country's Korg distributor for support.

This is just a user forum with no official support presence.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
_oggy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
I'd suggest you contact your country's Korg distributor for support. This is just a user forum with no official support presence.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I'm not expecting any official help, I was just curious if Oshbosh found a solution, since we have the exact same problem. Otherwise I will contact the dealer, tho I suppose the warranty doesn't cover things dropping from your desk Wink
_oggy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after opening it up again, it's back to life. I cleaned it a bit and I noticed that one of the two little prongs which holds the dial wheel was bent straight up. I don't even know if that was a consequence of the drop or of me taking the thing apart. In either case, I bent it horizontal again, put the thing together, and now it works perfectly normally. For future reference, here's a page describing the process of taking it apart:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1035904
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: