Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA600 question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Iverson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: PA600 question Reply with quote

Here is a question for you PA600 owners. I find that once I record a song and save it, I cannot go back and record additional tracks to it. All I hear are the new track(s) I have just recorded and nothing of the original song. Is this the way Korg made the PA600? I've spent too much time already trying to figure this one out with no answer. I really appreciate your response.
jac38

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm not understanding your problem...or I do. You need to save the song under a new name because if not, you will replace the original song with your new recording.
Jerry Iverson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Editing a saved song Reply with quote

Thanks for replying to my issue. I do understand what you are saying, but my problem is somewhat different. I'm referring to taking a song that has already been edited and saved to disk. You then pull it back up and attempt to further add recording tracks to the already saved song. No matter what I do, I do not hear the original tracks and sounds that I had previously saved. All I hear is the track I'm currently recording. I hope this is a little clearer. Thanks.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: PA600 question Reply with quote

Jerry Iverson wrote:
I find that once I record a song and save it, I cannot go back and record additional tracks to it.

I accidentally saw your post , and though I do not use arranger sequencers I can say that this is not accurate.
Pa600 has the same sequencer as Pa3X and both can edit your already created songs (by them).
You can write on an empty (not used track) , adding extra measures while recording a track and also you can change
track instruments in any measure using program changes in Events editing menu , with 16 tracks simultaneous playing limit.
Also a saved backing sequencer song can be entirely edited in full sequencer mode !
You might missed the point that after importing a song then you have to press record and choose sequencer !
Read manuals carefully for details ( though I haven't since I always explore only interfaces) !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
jac38

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, there is no "full sequencer mode" on the Pa600 but I tried this myself and also ran inte problems at start.

If you go inte the sequencer mode and take "Backing Seqence (Quick Record)" it's possible to load your song and play it but if you try to record you will not hear anything. You can se your song at song: in the top of the screen and maybe think that your in the right spot, but you are not.

In the sequencer mode start by pressing on "new song" on the screen. Load your song. Press Record and take "Multitrack Sequencer" and be sure the Rec mode is "Overdub" and not "Overwrite". Now you can start adding a new instrument when hitting the play button.

Does this fix your problem or is it something els?
Jerry Iverson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jac38, you are dead on. After I posted my message, I contacted Korg with this question. I was watching Steve the Korg rep on a 7 minute video on sequencing and he went from pulling up the Song in Song mode right to sequencer. I found out you need to go first into sequencer mode, use the pull down menu to load a song and select full sequencer to record with. I was thinking it couldn't be done after spending a few hours reading and trying out things. What a relief! Thank you all for your response. And what a great keyboard we have too. It's the bomb!
jac38

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I would kill for a video tutorial over the whole instrument. I'm more lost then a blind man swimming in the ocean...

Beside that, skip the pull down menu and use either the song button or tap at the song in the screen when loading your song, as it goes mutch faster..
Jerry Iverson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jac38, just hitting the sequencer button while in Song play may work for the first take recording the style, but trying to record later using that method is what got me in trouble. If you want to re-record more tracks to an existing song, you MUST use the drop down menu to load a song when you are already in sequencer mode. I hope this may be of use to other newbie's as well. And thanks for all the input as well.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watch you been drown in a couple of water drops !Rolling Eyes
The status is very simple but you do not listen , while keep asking !
A whatever song created by whatever sequencer mode of your arranger can be edited in two simple steps !
While loading and playing song , you press record and then sequencer (first option) that's all , all rest are
mentioned in my previous post !
There is no troubleshooting anywhere !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Jerry Iverson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to be combative as you did offer me help. But please understand that my problem is not in not listening and asking the same thing. Rather it is simply not fully understanding how the board works. I asked my question after reading the long manual. I would like to correct something you stated. The Korg guy on the phone was correct when he said you have to go to sequencer mode and use the drop down menu to record. Now if you were only talking about the style play and hitting the record button to record a style, you would be correct, but you mentioned going from song play and hitting record and selecting "full sequencer" as you put it. That simply cannot be done on my board. Maybe the PA 3X is different. But finally know that all your help is greatly appreciated but try to understand you have many keyboards and experience but I am very new at this. Thanks!
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry
Who is talking for song mode or Pa3X ? I don't mention all keyboards like Tyros4 , Pa600 ect I own in my avatar.
Let's see the initial post I answered which is "how to edit an already created song (by multitrack or backing sequencer) ?"
The method is for last time :
Click sequencer mode / select created song / and either click screen drop down menu nor press record /
multitrack sequencer (this is called full sequencer) , edit your song and save it back !
If not accurate let me know and I'll check it on Pa600 , 'cause I do not use sequencers in any of my keyboards !

Jerry Iverson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Anthony. It's so easy to misunderstand what others are saying when writing about a technical keyboard. Here is your statement that made me think you were referring to being in song mode. "While loading and playing song , you press record and then sequencer (first option) that's all , all rest are mentioned in my previous post ! "
Again, I do appreciate you and other's help. My apologies for misunderstanding the above sentence. I think this has just come down to a communication issue as we really are saying the same thing and I have known for a week now how to record over a previously saved song. Thanks again!
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry
The one thing that matters is to solve your misunderstands , so pleased when it's done Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: