Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

is it only my keyboard or others have this problem too?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gusshr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: is it only my keyboard or others have this problem too? Reply with quote

Here is the problem:

I am playing a user style with the user style selection screen on,

after a new style measure starts, I press different style from the screen (the newly selected style should kick in at the end of the measure of the currently playing style)

and before the new style engages, I press different performance key to change the right hand playing sound.

The problem that is happening is that once I select the different performance the keyboard ignores my style change selection that I have just made before changing the performance, and does not change the style for me.

I have to wait until the newly selected style to actually starts before I could change the performance.

Help members, help Korg????!!!!
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: is it only my keyboard or others have this problem too? Reply with quote

gusshr wrote:
The problem that is happening is that once I select the different performance the keyboard ignores my style change selection that I have just made before changing the performance, and does not change the style for me.

That's absolutely true , and the right way that Pa3X responds !
Style & performance changes are obviously the same functions when "style change" button is enabled , therefore when
button is disabled that doesn't mean that function's properties can be changed and newer task cancels the older !
But even in case that it should work this way , then style's first STS sound will override any previously selected sound
in normal STS mode that we should work with !
gusshr wrote:
I have to wait until the newly selected style to actually starts before I could change the performance.

That's right ... that's why we create favorite banks or songbook with the proper first STS sound ready for "intro" ,
just try to do the same , since performance library must be recalled after entering in next playing Style in real time !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
gusshr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you are saying could be true but this is not the case for the following reasons:

1-The STS is not utilized in this bug as well as the automatic STS selection is in the OFF position.

2-The Style Select (for selecting style when you call a performance) is turned off in this bug.

3-Most importantly to assure you that this is a TRUE BUG, is that once the keyboard ignores my order for the style change selection, when I go back to apply the style change again I see that the keyboard had already selected the new style (that I selected before changing the performance), but the engine is still playing the previous style. So Korg changes the style visually only while it is still playing the old style!!!!!!

This is incompatible with the type of music I play (in the same song I count on changing styles as well as the playing instruments [through performance change]) and for the keyboard to ignore my orders and only apply them visually and not by actual change of the style is unacceptable even from the cheapest keyboards that are usually under $50 in the toy section of department stores.

KORG needs to fix this deadly bug.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gusshr
I have never monitored a style in screen while playing another (only as st-by for next measure) , so this is not
accurate and probably your issue since I can't recreate that !
I repeat once more that when pressing a performance button , every previous style selection is canceled if measure
of var/fill do not finish counting , since performance is a style change command !
This is not a "bug" but the way that buffer memory works and I've advised you the way that this can be handled ,
as all users do , so option is entirely yours !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
sranj

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gusshr wrote:
(in the same song I count on changing styles as well as the playing instruments [through performance change])

you could as well combine these two and build up performances and have the performance selection screen instead of style selection screen while performing.
gusshr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok let me do tis one more time.

I juggle around 20 styles sometimes more than 5 different styles in one song and of course I need to change the playing sound frequently. I need thousands of specific performances to achieve preset performances with built-in style change selection. It is not practical for me.

Regardless on how I play regardless of your thoughts that the performance change is designed to change the style (even though I have the style change selection in the OFF position) what is not explainable and is a TRUE BUG is that the KORG is not handling two specific orders in a row. The failure is changing the style on screen only and not by engaging the style by audio, I can not show my audience that I changed the style on the LCD screen they need to hear that!!!!!

If the performance change before the newly selected style kicks-in and if changing the performance is viewed by the keyboard as a change of style or cancellation of style change (although the style change button is off) then why does the keyboard show that it had honored the new style selection by showing that it was selected on the LCD and not engaged by audio??????

If people are lost, then please do the following in sequence and you will see this BUG:

1-turn on the keyboard!!! (I hope you know this is a must javascript:emoticon('Laughing'))

2-push the STS MODE button twice or until it's light is OFF.

3-make sure that the STYLE CHANGE light is OFF(this is located above the performance selection area)

4-press the LOCK in the TEMP area so that the light is on (TEMPO LOCK ON)

5-To make the changes dramatic for your ears press the WORLD style key and the select 4/4 Flamenco.

6-Bring the TEMP to the lowest (30).

(now you need to do these steps in a relatively fast succession)

7- Push the style "START/STOP", then push the "Greek Rumba" on the LCD, then push one of the performance key and select a saved performance.

8- Increase the Temp to around 100; Surprise!!!! you are still playing the 4/4 Flamenco style!!!!!!!!

9-Push WORLD in the style select area, you will see that Korg is showing the selected style as Greek Rumba.

10-push the Greek Rumba again to now engage the Greek Rumba and now you know that you have a BUG

Very Happy
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gus

I can reproduce what you are saying, however I do not rate it as a bug.
There is quite a lot of KORG PA history around what happens when you change styles during a number.
Korg made some smart updates and added some style editing parameters to "fix" users' requirements regarding what VAR and measure etc will be "next" after a style change (I think as far back as PA1X days..).

What you are doing is expecting the PA3X to load a complete PERFORMANCE whilst in the middle of loading all the settings of a STYLE - personally I am not surprised that there is a conflict.

The "style change" is the killer - where the PA3 has a lot to do - so if you select your PERFORMANCE first and then immediately select the style it works fine - PERFORMANCEs will load very quickly.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gusshr
Do you think that you're the only advanced performer with sophisticated demands ? I ensure you you're definitely not !!!
But still you do not want to understand that performance change is style change command and always cancel previous style
change while in real playing and as measure ends , also note that a 4/4 measure with T=30 last many seconds !!!
Also this is an entirely wrong manipulation even in your case where the right procedure (since STS change is disabled)
is to select as first performance and then to choose Greek rumba , and all will work just fine !
So if you want to establish a personal bug , that's OK , I give up , send your complains to KorgPa ,
and let us focus on essential problems !

If KorgPa developers are willing to improve script there , the option is when "Style Change" is disabled ,
then performance function to be independent and not "style change" command !

Update ... Pete , I just noticed your input , Yes this is the procedure !!!

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Lika
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very annoying BUG !!!

But I know that Korg will never fix it Smile
Make Music !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: