Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A setting I can't find or doesn't exist

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jac38

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: A setting I can't find or doesn't exist Reply with quote

Lets say I play a stýle on variation 4 and then want to go to another style and I want it to stay in variation 4 but it starts in variation 1 instead. Very often it's not as good in comparison of the same variation as I just played. For some time I thought I hade it done but then I was back again and don't realy know what I did or even IF I did anything at all...

Can this be done and in that case how?

Regards
Jacob
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob ... Are you looking to do this in the same song? ... or switching to another song ...

If you are looking to do it in the SAME song, go here:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=79050

The instructions listed are for changing various voices within two styles, but you can adapt them to change a style in any way that you want ...

You could accomplish what you want by changing the first style to include the variation 4 of the second style ...
jac38

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, I'm not talking about recording anything. I ment while I'm playing live using one style and want to shift to another. If the styles are close in type and tempo the shift can't be detected (sometimes) but then it needs to be at the same variation. Most variations in styles are made in the same way with adding instruments, and even if I change to variation 3 when picking a new style, as the new style always starts at variation 1, there is a small delay in time I don't want. And I don't want that issue at all...

Hope you understand how I mean now.

This about explaining about keyboards and music in english is new to me and it would work mutch better if I could have this done in Swedish. Smile
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jac, I do understand ... I did not realize that you want to do this randomly while playing ... I thought it only applied to some particular songs ...

And do not be concerned about your English .... it is VERY good ... if you tried doing this in Swedish, I would not be able to help at all Smile ...
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: A setting I can't find or doesn't exist Reply with quote

jac38 wrote:
Lets say I play a stýle on variation 4 and then want to go to another style and I want it to stay in variation 4 but it starts in variation 1 instead. Very often it's not as good in comparison of the same variation as I just played. For some time I thought I hade it done but then I was back again and don't realy know what I did or even IF I did anything at all...

Every style enters in Var/Intro according to state of interface panel that was saved , so you must select any custom
style , without starting , determine how you like to begin with , for instance click Variation 3 , then click Intro 2 , then
select from upper screen menu "Save current style settings" and save it.
Next time you select this Style , it will begin from Intro 2 and then will enter in Variation 3 , make your choice and save it
for every custom style (or copy Factory Styles to User places and modify them this way) .
Hope this helps You

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
etnoalbanian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: A setting I can't find or doesn't exist Reply with quote

Hello. You have to see in 'Global', 'mode preferences' because is a option that help you to play a new style in the same variation that end the previous style. I don't remember exactely now.
Shahin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

antony said the answer to your question clearly.

Quote:
You have to see in 'Global', 'mode preferences' because is a option that help you to play a new style in the same variation that end the previous style

etnoalbanian ! are u sure? can anyone confirm this and tell us which menu should we look in? If its true, it will be much more easier than the commo solution (as antony mentioned)
jac38

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I would be glad to hear that setting as well as I can't find it...
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: change style, keep variation Reply with quote

In GlobalMode, General Controls there are three panes (Tuning, Control, Style).

In StylePane you find Style Tracks Volume, when lock is closed volume of styletracks do not change after selection of a new style.
Next you find Style Tracks Play/Mute Lock, when lock is closed Play/Mute-Status do not change.

Next you find Style Element, when lock is closed Style-Element-Variation do not change (only if Songbook is not used).
Thats good if you want to go to another style and you want to stay in the same variation.

Furthermoe you find BaßInversion and Manual Baß to be possible, status not to be changed after selecting another Style.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: A setting I can't find or doesn't exist Reply with quote

jac38 wrote:
Lets say I play a stýle on variation 4 and then want to go to another style and I want it to stay in variation 4 but it starts in variation 1 instead.

You need to store the variation with "write Style Performance". You can do this with the factory styles of course, but maybe the Songbook is a better option, because some styles you maybe want to use for different songs (and starting in different variations).

So I think it can be done with the Songbook (without affecting your original factory styles).
In a songbook entry, you can store in which variation your style begins ("write current resources"= Korgian for write Style performance).
You can switch between the Songbook entries manually or by using a foot switch.

Hope this helps.

Play in style. Wink
jac38

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks, I do have a midi footswith (FCB1010) but I have had that for about 2 month and not been able to use it once. It's a 10 years plan on getting that to work at the moment... Smile

If I knew what I know now about midi programming I would never bought it...

Thanks for the solution anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: