Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA600 Debut

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: PA600 Debut Reply with quote

Well, I FINALLY had the courage to take the Pa600 out to a gig ... but did I take it to a 1 hour senior gig? - NO - I took it to a 4 hour gig in a classy Italian restaurant last night, filling in for a friend of mine ... He has his BOSE system set up in this place- he's been there weekends for about 3-4 years - so it's easy - I take my kb, VH, mic and necessary cables and that's it - ... anyway, the Pa600 sounded really good through the BOSE ...

The snowstorm that hit Thursday and Friday REALLY limited the crowd ... this place does 250 - 300 dinners on a normal Friday - they have reservations for 500 tonight (Saturday) - but last night they only served about 150 in the dining room, and hardly any of them stayed around for the usual after dinner drink in the lounge where I played ...
the small crowd was a mixed blessing ... it was kind of lifeless playing to just a couple of people at the bar and a few couples having dinner in the lounge, but I didn't have the 'pressure' of playing for a crowded dance floor ...
I still am not totally comfortable navigating the Pa600 during live play, and I also still have to get used to what some of the styles sound like, but having done a LOT of homework setting up numerous styles certainly paid off ...
I still would like a fuller, more mellow sound on some of the saxes but otherwise the board sounded really good and I got a number of compliments, especially from the staff. so that's a good thing ...
So, I KNOW that the Pa600 will be the board for my 1 hour senior gigs, and it will be used on some 'full' gigs also - BUT the technics kn6000 is NOT being retired yet by any means ...

PS ... If anyone has edited the sax sounds to make them fuller and more mellow, I would LOVE to know what adjustments were made ...
thank you
hotkey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Tony,

I know the filling, I had four days to prepare the PA600 for thr first gig,
my old iX300 was ill on buttons...

If you want richer and more dinamic saxes, trumpets, just double the main sound on Upp1 also on Upp2 - same settings for both (pan, FX, fine tune...).

Let me know the results for you,

regards
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you ... I will try that ...

I don't know how you did it in 4 days ... I had never had a KORG before this so the OS was TOTALLY strange to me ...
charlie67

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is also suggested that you change the pitch very slightly, of any sounds that you double up. this should give you a fuller sound.
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie... can you give me more info on changing the pitch? How is it done? How much? ... thanks ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: