Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Few questions to convert bad MP4 to (reasonable) MP3.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Few questions to convert bad MP4 to (reasonable) MP3. Reply with quote

I have a few questions regarding a phone-recorded video of a song of our gig. Someone has created a video and we would like to get a part (or more) from it to be used on our web site.

1) Does anybody know of a (free) application to rip the sound of an MP4 to MP3?

2) I noticed that apart from 30 seconds, the rest of the sound is not really good. Reason is that the telephone seems to have a stereo microphone, but one channel is probably covered with a finger and sounds without any high frequency (like a low pass filter but worse). Is there a way to fix this?

3) Does anybody know of a (free) application with some functionality to handle waves (something like Cool Edit).

Btw, I have a Korg Kronos and thought about just playing the MP4 and record it as sample and use the internal effect processor, but apart from an EQ I'm not sure really what to use. Or use a short pannign delay to mix the high and low quality channel.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audacity is what I use. You'll need to download the free FFmpeg library for audacity, which it will lead you to do if you go to Edit/preferences/library and then click on the download FFmpeg libraries. Then you'll be able to open up an MPEG4 file and it will automatically rip the audio for you to edit. I just downloaded a sample mpeg4 file from apple, then I used audacity to change transpose the music from B to E. It has lots of effects and filters to clean up audio.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much ... already converted and lots of effect. Thanks!

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. Glad it worked well for you.
mariachisocial

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: welcome Reply with quote

Welcome to all of you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Audio / Visual All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: