Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP !!! ... I have a problem ...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: HELP !!! ... I have a problem ... Reply with quote

I went to LOAD a style into the 'TRADITIONAL' BANK ... - I will NEVER do that again ! - ... I thought it would just put it in an empty slot, but it wiped out the ENTIRE BANK !!! ... How can I restore the TRADITIONAL BANK without losing ALL my 'Favorites' and USER' FILES ???
'FACTORY RESTORE' says it will wipe out ALL the Favorites and User Banks as well ...
Sad Sad Sad
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP !!! ... I have a problem ... Reply with quote

tony mads usa wrote:
I went to LOAD a style into the 'TRADITIONAL' BANK ... - I will NEVER do that again ! - ... I thought it would just put it in an empty slot, but it wiped out the ENTIRE BANK !!! ... How can I restore the TRADITIONAL BANK without losing ALL my 'Favorites' and USER' FILES ???
'FACTORY RESTORE' says it will wipe out ALL the Favorites and User Banks as well ...
Sad Sad Sad

Traditional is Factory Style Bank 08 --- I've extracted that bank , zipped it and put it on my server for you.

http://www.rickster.org/BANK08.zip

Unzip the file, transfer the style file to your keyboard and load it into factory style bank 08.

cheers,
Rick

p.s. Whenever you have a new style to check out, load it into one of the user banks first to make sure what is there. (after saving your user banks of course) Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: HELP !!! ... I have a problem ... Reply with quote

Rick ... THANK YOU !!! ... I don't know where I would be without these forums ... I would probably be sitting in front of the KB thinking "well, I could turn it on, now what?!?" Laughing

Thoraldus wrote:

p.s. Whenever you have a new style to check out, load it into one of the user banks first to make sure what is there. (after saving your user banks of course) Wink

Up until today, I was able to say "that's what I always do" ... I can't count the number of styles I have added to Favorites and User Banks ... I have NO idea what made me do what I did ... Rolling Eyes ...
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: HELP !!! ... I have a problem ... Reply with quote

DOUBLE POST ... SORRY ...
charlie67

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, don't forget to save a copy (or two) of all your individual factory and favourite banks, in case you have another problem of this kind. When you are saving factory banks, first, press global, then menu, then Mode Preferences, then clear the check box on factory style and pad protect. This will allow you to save them. You can do the same with Pads, Performances, sounds and Songbook if you wish.
charlie67

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, I forgot to mention. Press Media button, Utility tab. There you can make a full resource backup. This copies everything you have on your keyboard in one go. Then you can restore your complete set up whenever you wish. I regularly backup to flash drive or PC (or korg disc in the keyboard). I keep the latest two backups and delete earlier ones. Have a look at Page 170 of the PDF Reference guide.
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Charlie ... I had been doing this and then quite honestly, I haven't done it in the past week or two ... thanks for the reminder ...
midimusa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: HELP !!! ... I have a problem ... Reply with quote

charlie67 wrote right
And always think twice and look where, what and how You Load.
I have uploaded my basic stuff to
https://sites.google.com/site/midimusa/korg-pa. Maybe it is helpful for other people too.
Restoring from previous step takes less time (max ca 4 min for me) than rebuilding.

P.S.
How important it is (have a copy), maybe i add this my story in my
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=77657.
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, thank you ... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: