Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setting or better OS?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jac38

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Setting or better OS? Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I have done some change in settings or if this is something that a better OS can fix...?

Wen playing with a midi song running and I use, lets say STS 1, and there use Upper 3 and mute on the other two. If I then change to STS 2, and that starts with Upper 1 (with the other two muted) and now want to change to another sound going into Sound side, nothing happens and I'm "locked" with that sound. The reason for this is that the Upper 3 gets highlighted in the new STS but is muted ( in this example) and I'm playing the Upper 1 instrument.

The logic thing would be that it should highlight the upper 1, 2 or 3 that I'm playing and not the one I used in the previous STS..

I hope I managed to explain this so it makes sence...

Is this a result of some change I have done in the settings or is this another not so logic thing in the Pa600?

Regards
Jacob
jac38

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be someone els who can try this and give some feedback on this...
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob... I am not CERTAIN I know what your problem is, but here is what I have done:
I have a midi file on my USB drive that I want to play over with certain 'sounds'... I first set the Style with the sounds that I want in each STS ... the sounds can be different for each of the 4 STS ... I try to think of all the possible sounds I might want to use over the midi file and generally try to 'group' them in each STS - for example different pianos/organs in STS 1, guitars in STS 2, horns in STS 3, Strings in STS 4 ... Of course this will vary depending on what sounds I think are good for the particular midi file ... I also try to keep what I think will be the 'main' sound for each STS in Upper 1 and mute the other two ... I then go to the midi file on the USB and 'select' it ... I then go to 'Songbook' Book Edit 1, press 'New Song' and make sure 'Write' and 'All Current STS' are marked ... I then 'WRITE' the song to the Songbook ... When I call up the song from the 'Songbook' the style (which of course will not play while the midi file is playing) and sounds I previously chose are there ... I can then pick any sounds from any STS to play over the midi file ... and when I go from STS1 to STS 2, Upper 1 will always play, but I have the option of muting it and playing one of the other sounds in that STS ...
I can also go to 'SOUNDS' and change any sound in the STS as the midi file is playing ...

I hope this helps ...
jac38

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's very nice of you to deskibe how you do it but Im talking about something stupid in what I think is the OS and not a setting...

Play a midi song. Take STS 1 where you have 3 instruments "Upper 1,2 and 3". Pick "Upper 3" to play with and let "Upper 1 and 2 " be on mute (as in no sound). Tap on the "Upper 3" instrument and change it to another sound. In this screen the "Upper 3" instrument is now highlited.

Now go to STS 2. If the "Upper 1" automatic is what you play with and you now directly go to Sound menu and try to take a new sound, nothing will happen. The reason for this is that the "Upper 3", now in STS 2, gets highlited as it was in STS 1 and not the sound you are now playing in STS 2.

Do you understand me this time?
pippuzzo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

jac38 wrote:
Now go to STS 2. If the "Upper 1" automatic is what you play with and you now directly go to Sound menu and try to take a new sound, nothing will happen. The reason for this is that the "Upper 3", now in STS 2, gets highlited as it was in STS 1 and not the sound you are now playing in STS 2.

Do you understand me this time?

your explanation is clear, but like others I don't feel it is a problem.

I've a focus/selection on a track, like you explained, and I don't want the focus be changed the way you want.
Don't feel the os so intelligent to understand anytime what I would like to have, so I espect the focus/selection remaining in its last position.

It is like having the focus on the Tempo for example: if I put the focus on the tempo, when I change say to an edit page and go back to the main page, I espect the focus remain on the Tempo and not changing to whatever I may need for it selecting also the next style, performance or songbook.

It is a matter or having a consistent interface to work with: maybe it's not smart as you like, but I can always predict what to espect.
I believe it is a concept available also in any of the competitors arranger as far as I remember.

All in all, the best solution for your problem, as other explained, it is to program your songbook entry to play with, and selecting pre-defined STS instead of messing with change sound/mutes and the like.

Just my 0,001%.

Cheers
jac38

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was Tony who said he didn't understand so I tried to explain that to him. If you understand it or not, was not the issu here or the reason I explained it one more time....

This "problem" is something I have when using styles as well, but it still can be a problem for me and not for so many others as you wrote...
joshhuntnm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been playing with this keyboard for about a week now. Best I can tell there are two things I'd like to be able to do that I can't.

1. I'd like to be able to turn manual bass on without turning the arranger off. I dont' see why these are in conflict with each other. there is far more to teh arranger than the bass.

2. I'd like to be able to split the keyboard as far as sounds, and still have the instrument read the entire keyboard as far as reading chords.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Last highlighted for soundselection Reply with quote

Like pipuzzo, I don't feel it is a problem, but it would be a problem, if played sounds are highlighted instead the individual selected, as jac38 wish with another OS.

In this matter the OS is fine. Thats because i want to prepare and change a sound of an inactive realtimetrack like Upper3, while i am only playing Upper1. So i can select sound on Upper3 without interrupting playing sound on Upper1.

For me that kind of changing sounds of realtimetracks is ok and i do not want another OS in this matter.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: