Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading MIDI files to the PA600
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
atyc350

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Loading MIDI files to the PA600 Reply with quote

Hi,

Want to check with you guys if I can load MIDI files I have in a floppy disk using a floppy drive to the PA600. PA600 is on backorder and not getting it till next week. Just getting ready.

Thanks in advance,
Al
midimusa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Loading MIDI files to the PA600 Reply with quote

I've going twice around my Pa600 and I don't see any floppy disk devices here.
Maybe You mean an USB floppy device?
Answer is: Yes You Can.

In other ways (direct): i think it is not possible.
It is my opinion.

There are many other ways to do that.
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't attempted to load from a floppy disc, but I have loaded from a USB drive and I would think that if you have a floppy drive with a USB connection you should be able to plug into the USB connection and load from the floppy drive ...
check the link below to see what I am talking about:
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNjdU3i6rNeJwc-ZK4K0oY5kwEqaLe8kyeJjIorZp2pxI8cyi4

Hope this helps
hotkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

and old way - from floppy over Floppy USB drive to the computer, and then on USB key?
Less problems with the speed and storage limitation, searching and loading shall be faster...

Regards,
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, that is how I did mine ... Smile
jac38

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it will work with a floppy disc driver as there are no commands that will start it. It is not the same type of command as when you open a file, as you do in a USB memory stick. You will have to make that transfer in your computer and use a a USB memory stick when you want to load those midi files...
atyc350

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tony mads usa wrote:
I haven't attempted to load from a floppy disc, but I have loaded from a USB drive and I would think that if you have a floppy drive with a USB connection you should be able to plug into the USB connection and load from the floppy drive ...
check the link below to see what I am talking about:
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNjdU3i6rNeJwc-ZK4K0oY5kwEqaLe8kyeJjIorZp2pxI8cyi4

Hope this helps

This is exactly what I have. Thanks.
atyc350

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jac38 wrote:
I don't think it will work with a floppy disc driver as there are no commands that will start it. It is not the same type of command as when you open a file, as you do in a USB memory stick. You will have to make that transfer in your computer and use a a USB memory stick when you want to load those midi files...

This makes sense and I will try this also. Thanks.
atyc350

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hotkey wrote:
Hello,

and old way - from floppy over Floppy USB drive to the computer, and then on USB key?
Less problems with the speed and storage limitation, searching and loading shall be faster...

Regards,

I will try this also. Any suggestions on what program to use when using a Mac to read the Midi files?

Thanks,
Al
hotkey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

no need to manipulate and open MIDI files,
just copy with some File Explorer,

regards
atyc350

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done!!! Can't wait to try this when I get my PA600. I was told yesterday by Guitar Center that Korg pushed it further to mid-April. Darn!

BTW, anyway can I do this to some more Midi files also in floppy disk which I also created in an O1Wfd (which I really regret selling), but somehow not formatted like the first disk. I just tried and my Mac won't even read it.

Thanks again guys!
Al
atyc350

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there guys!

So I was able to copy these SMFs doing the same procedure and loaded to the PA600 which I picked-up 3 days ago and so far loving it! But the SMFs are in the Korg Disk and only able to access it by Song Play. Is there anyway I can copy them over to the Sequencer so I can edit them?

Thanks in advance!
Al
tony mads usa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only entered songs into the SEQUENCER via the USB drive ... with the song on the USB, I press SEQUENCER and a "NEW SONG" screen comes up ... I press that and the list of songs on the USB shows ... I then SELECT the song I want from the USB and it is loaded into the SEQUENCER where I can make whatever changes I want ...

HOWEVER, I was NOT able to load anything from the SONGBOOK into the SEQUENCER ...

Also, it only seems possible to overwrite an SMF after making changes ... when I go so SAVE the changed SMF a screen comes up asking for the name of the file, and it looks like it wants you to tell it where to put the new file, but it does not allow you to ...
atyc350

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tony,

Yah, I found out about this just now as I tried to play with it some more. So you're saying after you edited the files and tried to save it wouldn't let you? Maybe they can include this when they update the OS. I'm just guessing here and of course hoping. Will go play with it some more and I might hit a magic button hidden in one of the menus.

Thanks,
Al
atyc350

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, I actually loaded my songs from USB to the Songbook. Loaded a song from the Songbook to the Sequencer then did some changes. Saved the song to USB and the changes I made were saved. Listened to the original which is in the Songbook and it was unchanged. Next thing for me to try is how to rename the edited version before I delete the original. Try this and see what happens.

Al
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: