Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Save sequence on a Kronos?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stephen Butler

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Was this situation resolved? Reply with quote

I rarely use audio recordings on the KRONOS, I've had mine for six years and probably used it twice? How does it compare, to say, Cubase?

Since most of this thread came from 2011, I presume this issue has been sorted by Korg, and you can now overwrite on to audio tracks. That would only have allowed you one take per track!

I bought my KRONOS purely and simply because I heard a demo of the piano sound alone on YouTube. For that reason it was worth the money. That, and subsequent updates to the pianos, have made the KRONOS' piano sound better than any dedicated digital piano out there today, and for the past six or seven years. There is still nothing to beat it. All right, I'll grant you that some digital pianos have more 'headroom' in their playing sound than the KRONOS, but for pure sound, it's this one every day. Korg used to bring out a new workstation every two or three years, and I always wanted the next one, but what have they released since 2011? And have I wanted it? No!

I came across this thread because I was looking for an answer to my own question which was can you activate a new song file in the sequencer without having to turn the beast off and back on again. It doesn't seem that there is - or if there is, I'm not bright enough to find it.

Thank you for your patience and your time, I wish you all a happy day. Oh, happy day...the organ sounds are great, too.

Cheers
Stephen

www.vipersquadron.com
www.stephen-butler.com
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SEQ on the K was mostly from the Oasys and prior W/s like the Triton.
No, Korg has never updated the SEQ on the SEQ. Its not going to happen.

So its old and I would not compare it to software, which evolves every month.

There's your answer.

I agree, you can't easily edit or change audio tracks. When I need to bring in audio to the SEQ, I like to use Audacity for fixing up the audio , setting tempo, etc. With that, my audio just has to be inserted at whatever measure in my Song.

I don't know what your context or ideas are for audio in the SEQ. For me, I heavily use the 16 midi tracks, plus I use a few audio tracks in a song.

I am a throwback for recording and use the SEQ for my originals. It sounds dam good and I like the work flow. I also have Cubase and realize its practical to use the best tools for production. And to integrate the many great sounds ( VI's, Omnisphere)

These days, if I only wanted Korgs nice work with piano/organ, Grandstage would be a very good fit. To go off topic, the stage piano niche is very crowded and competitive. Nord has been dominant for some time but now one has a dozen different stage pianos to evaluate.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to record all of my songs on the Kronos but since I built a Cubase rig a few years ago, I stopped. It does sound really good though.

https://soundcloud.com/jeremykeys/01-shoot-for-the-moon-3

Here's an example of a song I did on the Kronos several years ago.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: