Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio MIDI Setup w/ Monotribe and GarageBand/MidiO problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elastictroubadour

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Audio MIDI Setup w/ Monotribe and GarageBand/MidiO problems Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I have a Monotribe that I have modded for MIDI using the MiSW MIDI kit. Details of the kit are here:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/788795-misw-korg-monotribe-midi-kit-v2.html

The kit works, and I regularly run my MIDI keyboard through it. I have been unable as yet to have the MIDI in or out to interface with the computer though. I'm pretty new to the whole thing, and having fiddled around with different configurations in Audio Midi Setup for a few hours and tweaking different things in MULAB, GarageBand (using MidiO, which I thought was my best bet, as it's the program I know the best) and MTribe Control, I haven't been able to get a response as yet. The Audio Midi Setup I settled on being the most likely to work is this:

https://picasaweb.google.com/113608923733405224293/April82013?authkey=Gv1sRgCNzugsSq6v7hEA#5864356030799342642

I'm using a generic branded MIDI/USB adapter which is fine for interfacing my keyboard, but apparently not my Monotribe. The adapter appears to be receiving no signal whatsoever from the Monotribe's MIDI out, and the Monotribe doesn't seem to be receiving anything from the computer. If anybody could help, I would be most grateful. By the way, I haven't got any other MIDI hardware to check my setup with.

Thanks.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try swapping the In and Out around?

traditioinally In connects to Out, however some of these USB 'adaptors' are wired the other way around.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
elastictroubadour

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I did try that. At one point I had my keyboard running in to the computer while having the out going to the Monotribe. The keyboard was working fine, and the Monotribe didn't seem to be receiving any data, however the adapter had its light flickering. When I switched the MIDI in cord from my keyboard to the Monotribe the adapter didn't appear to be receiving any data from the Monotribe at all.

I'm at a bit of a loss for what to do, because the Monotribe doesn't show whether or not its receiving data, I'm not sure whether its my computer setup, the adapter or the Monotribe that's at fault.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mac Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: