Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Korg Zero8 LCD touchpad issue crew
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeananton

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: zero xy pad Reply with quote

jeananton wrote:
i see allot of mention about just the y axis, let me tell you now thats where it starts, before you know it the whole pad will be completely useless, my mixer was not heavily used and stood dormant for 6 months after the first 6 months of me having it, to my surprise firing it back up after 6 months rest, the y axis stopped responding. i kept on using it for a few months as the warranty period was just past and not long after it just stopped working completely. i bought this mixer for its soundcard functions and you need to be able to access the system in order to get high quality sound recordings, and the lack of access to all effects sux balls.
i will never buy korg again, i am going into my 4th year of owning this mixer and am well dissapointed in the fact that i paid big bucks for a product and a brand that i thought was a leader in the industry.
Korg slapped a big SUCKER sticker on our foreheads and are laughing all the way to the bank.

Just to clarify - X & Y parameters dead, not the whole mixer.
paugui

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine went to be repaired twice...
Fortunately it seems to be holding on...

The last time I arrived back home and it wasn't used for a while, it wasn't responding that well at first, but after some use, it works pretty well now...

But I agree it's a shame, as well as it's a shame that you can't use a modern computer with it (right now, I don't have a computer to use it, cause the power supply on my iMac G5 just decided to die...).
It would be really nice if Korg could just make it usable with new gear...

And if it happened, it could be interesting if they could develop an iPad app in order to use the iPad as the touchpad...
Wouldn't be as nice as to get it working properly, but don't think we could get Korg to give us an upgrade to make it work well... Sad

A1 (x2) / DSS-1 / KARMA / Monotron / Monotron Duo (x2) / Minilogue / MS20 / MS20ic / OASYS 76 / Poly 800 MkII / Polysix / SDD3000 / Trident / Triton Pro (with MOSS) / Wavestation EX / Z1
dvelop

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: on & off Reply with quote

Latest. Still waiting on a response from Korg USA. My LCD touch pad is working, but stopped working while running the unit without a fan. I left it on, then placed a fan in front of it, and checked back 30 minutes later and the touch pad was working again. Loaded it up the next day with a fan on it, and touch pad was working fine. This may be like others have said, a heat or humidity issue with the units power supply and touch pad.
If your lcd is not working try placing a fan in front of it and giving it some time to see if it starts to work again. In the meantime I guess we will just wait for Korg and or keep randomly contacting them until someone grows tired... Also In the meantime the Zero edit software might be something to explore if your touch pad is not functional.

While contacting Korg about the touch pad I also asked them to give us the firmware info and or code or whatever is needed to program the Zero8 firmware. If we can get this, future users might be able to update the firmware and or drivers to function well into the future.

Korg is supposedly considering everything I have mentioned. I hope something will come of it. I am crossing my fingers Korg steps up and helps us out. If not, lets start to get some real rational thinking going on, from an engineering standpoint. It is important to stay focused and positive.
Marxon

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your tenacity dvelop Cool
Currently I disassembled my Zero completly because the whole device got more and more life of its own.
Question Evil or Very Mad
Hope i can post good news the next days.

Best regards
Maxon
jeananton

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: zero xy pad Reply with quote

jeananton wrote:
jeananton wrote:
i see allot of mention about just the y axis, let me tell you now thats where it starts, before you know it the whole pad will be completely useless, my mixer was not heavily used and stood dormant for 6 months after the first 6 months of me having it, to my surprise firing it back up after 6 months rest, the y axis stopped responding. i kept on using it for a few months as the warranty period was just past and not long after it just stopped working completely. i bought this mixer for its soundcard functions and you need to be able to access the system in order to get high quality sound recordings, and the lack of access to all effects sux balls.
i will never buy korg again, i am going into my 4th year of owning this mixer and am well dissapointed in the fact that i paid big bucks for a product and a brand that i thought was a leader in the industry.
Korg slapped a big SUCKER sticker on our foreheads and are laughing all the way to the bank.

Just to clarify - X & Y parameters dead, not the whole mixer.

Yes, just the touchpad
dvelop

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Good News Reply with quote

Korg Contacted me and stated the product manager will be calling me...

This is the message I received.

Good morning Cory!

My Product Manager would like to open the lines of communication with you directly. Can you please provide a phone number where we can reach you?

Thank you!

Janice
ghola

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's flaky
ERFman023

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Y axis and ELECTRIC NOISE Reply with quote

Add me to the list.....Y axis will not go BELOW the value of 17 or so ... sometimes it goes as low as 12 but never to 0. ( x axis still works ). This broke sometimes through June 2013 .... was working and one day just stopped. Cooling it off with a fan does not make any difference as I am in a nice cool basement anyways.

I can still get to all the menus but many of the FX are useless as you need the whole touchscreen to take advantage ( filters, EQs, etc... ). Resetting to FACTORY default did not work either. can't calibrate the TOUCH pad because I can't touch the bottom RIGHT corner. GRRRRRR

I also read someone's post about the terrible ELECTRIC noise that comes out of the unit on power up..... I found just switching the PHANTOM mic power on/off on the back of the unit gets rid of that. Obviously the zero8 has some power issues that we all share across the board.

As for the rest of my ZERO 8, it has the little HISS that most the units come with ( kinda sucks as my monitor speakers do not auto shut down because the constant HISS is interpreted as an AUDIO SIGNAL.. And at one point the HEADPHONE jack started going MONO only. Seems like 1 by 1 the unit is slowly leaving this world.

I agree.... discontinued or not... KORG should be paying attention to us as most of us have other KORG hardware and are possible future purchasers as well. If this was a $200 mixer, I would not give a flying feces but give the amount of $$ invested into this unit by everybody on here and elsewhere in the world..... I am expecting at least some kind of solution from KORG.....not just a "somebody will get back to you..."

Optimistically looking forward to the solution........

-Another sad KORG8 owner.
jahreed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Y - Axis broken Reply with quote

Add me to the list - my Y axis has been bad for about a year, really lasted about 9 months but i was barely using it initially.
jeananton

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: resolved without the help of korg Reply with quote

ok, here is an update for you. my brother in law who is a computer technician opened it up for me and without replacing anything got it good as new. in a nut shell, the heat from the power supply reached in excess of 95 degrees celsius, this is hot enough to melt solder which resulted in loose connections, a little bit of solder later and presto, good as new, we are now looking at cooling options, it was recommended in another post to use a brushless computer cooling fan and the poster achieved 35 degrees celsius which is more than adequate.
jeananton

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: resolved without the help of korg Reply with quote

jeananton wrote:
ok, here is an update for you. my brother in law who is a computer technician opened it up for me and without replacing anything got it good as new. in a nut shell, the heat from the power supply reached in excess of 95 degrees celsius, this is hot enough to melt solder which resulted in loose connections, a little bit of solder later and presto, good as new, we are now looking at cooling options, it was recommended in another post to use a brushless computer cooling fan and the poster achieved 35 degrees celsius which is more than adequate.

here is the link to that post http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=55865&highlight=zero8
infindebula

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had my Zero 8 for about 5 or 6 years. My wife got a new one for me for my birthday just after they were discontinued.

I had it for a month or so, then went to play a gig with it. Touch screen issue. All x and no y - it always seemed to think I was touching the top edge of the screen. My music dealer (Long & McQuade) repaired it themselves under warranty. Apparently they replaced the touchscreen.

It failed on me in exactly the same way just this past weekend when I brought it over to a jam at a friend's place. Exactly the same touchpad problem. And now it's well out of warranty. The last time I had used it was in late June when I played an outdoor festival, and the touchscreen was flawless. Apart from that it lives in a case.
jeananton

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

infindebula wrote:
I have had my Zero 8 for about 5 or 6 years. My wife got a new one for me for my birthday just after they were discontinued.

I had it for a month or so, then went to play a gig with it. Touch screen issue. All x and no y - it always seemed to think I was touching the top edge of the screen. My music dealer (Long & McQuade) repaired it themselves under warranty. Apparently they replaced the touchscreen.

It failed on me in exactly the same way just this past weekend when I brought it over to a jam at a friend's place. Exactly the same touchpad problem. And now it's well out of warranty. The last time I had used it was in late June when I played an outdoor festival, and the touchscreen was flawless. Apart from that it lives in a case.

ok, the touch pad goes because of 2 reasons, bad mounting and excessive heat. the heat from the power supply is hot enough to melt solder, so the connections end up loosening up. that is what causes the map function, the touchpad itself is fine. read my post above yours.
infindebula

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will examine it when I get a chance. If there are cracked or evaporated solder joints I'll fix them.

But the reason I mentioned that the last time I used it was at an outdoor gig is that it was a cool night, with lots of air movement. If there was a time during my usage of the mixer that it would have gotten that hot, there's no way it was my last show.

In fact it is very, very rare that my Zero 8 is powered up for more than 2-3 hours, because I really only use it live.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i guess im part of the zero 8 club now. got mine for a good price off ebay. touchscreen works fine for now, mine has no buzz. original owner bought it in 2010 so it might be one of the updated models.

just gonna run it till the wheels fall off haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: