Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Korg Zero8 LCD touchpad issue crew
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
infindebula

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

031999 wrote:
well i guess im part of the zero 8 club now. got mine for a good price off ebay.

Nice! Welcome! How much did it cost you?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

infindebula wrote:
031999 wrote:
well i guess im part of the zero 8 club now. got mine for a good price off ebay.

Nice! Welcome! How much did it cost you?

hmmm, hopefully i didn't overpay Sad it is in totally mint condition, I dont think the previous owner used it much. But $700 even.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i have already needed a new screen. heres where i got it, and they have em instock.

http://www.guitar-parts.com/catalog/korg-touch-panel-zero8
infindebula

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

031999 wrote:
well i have already needed a new screen. heres where i got it, and they have em instock.

http://www.guitar-parts.com/catalog/korg-touch-panel-zero8

Ohhhhhh I'm sorry to hear that. Are you sure you needed a new touchscreen? Others in this thread are suggesting that touchscreen issues are more likely caused by a problematic solder joint.

Still - thanks for the link.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im pretty sure i did it was stuck at 127 and 1, but if i wet my finger and then use it, i could maybe get it to go up to 5 or 6. The moisture provides better electrical contact. Which leads me to believe that the screen is just really worn out. So we'll see. The replacement should be here in 2 days. So i will post results.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well just installed the new screen. disassembled and reassembled in exactly 30 mins. a new record for me haha. The replacement screen works like a dream!! So I believe that the screen was the culprit for me, since everything looked in order, solder-wise on the inside.
dvelop

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any of those waiting for any info, I am currently in contact with James Sajeva, Korg Technology Product Manager and I believe he has some information for us.
infindebula

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do tell, dvelop!
stancollins

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.
Any news on this would be great.
My touch screen has just died.
Could anyone send me a link for a good tutorial for replacing the screen?
Cheers in advance for any info.
dvelop

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan, please tell us more about your issue. Also is it dead, or is it just the y parameter? If its the Y: try unplugging the mixer for a while, and then before cutting it on, have a fan blowing in the right top side of the unit near the on/off switch. This seems to do the trick for many.. As of now I am about to contact James again today. I've been out of commission with family stuff, but I'm hoping we can get something going here to once and for all end this touchpad issue for everyone.
stancollins

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dvelop..
It actually started working again and been fine since an hour after posting..
The pad would recognise my finger touching the screen but there was no movement in both the x and y axis...
Cheers
dvelop

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Stan, yea, it seems to be the case that it goes and comes back. We need to find out why, how to prevent it, and or how to fix it so it never goes out again.. What were your conditions when it went out?
stancollins

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much to report there mate...
Switched on for the first time that day and no response on the X-Y axis...
I've had my Zero 8 on for 12 hrs today and everything's fine with no issues...
Odd to say the least...
groovePRO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey people
Great info here. Dvelop, I appreciate you man. You seem very diplomatic and I feel that we have a good spokesman for our customer support cause.
I'm new to the Zero 8 but I've been using Korg products for almost 20 years, in the studio and on stage. I've also sold Korg (non-exclusively) products for 13 years, 7 in a retail environment and 6 as a independent audio and video consultant/designer.
Here's my take on Korg products. Yes, they have had their share of lemons, but compared with other companies they don't have a reputation for low quality products. In fact they are pretty high up on the totem pole of audio gear manufacturers.
They do have a little bit of a obsession with touchscreens. And putting tubes in digital gear, for some reason. Just like Roland doesn't like their gear playing with others. And Bose systems sound like they are all mids. All manufacturing companies exhibit nuances and traits that are a by product of their designers and/or leadership. It's reality. Take the good with the bad. I hardly think that a couple design flaws on an otherwise amazing product are worth bashing or boycotting the company as a whole. We are all human, after all and prone to mistake. This is one of the best things about humanity, in my opinion. And, after all, there's enough negativity in the world as it is, so why become a vessel of darkness? Your choice entirely however.
I really like the posting the gentleman put up on the forums about his customizations to this mixer. I personally mod and circuit bend nearly all of my personal gear and many of the pieces that I install for my clients. Reasons being problems and design flaws such as thes, to add a needed feature, make an item fit or to make two products interact properly. The Internet is full of information.
I think that Korg should maintain support for this, and all of their products. Too many times I see companies neglect their legacy products and I don't understand why. Are they ashamed of these products? They should stand by each and every product that they decide to manufacture and sell to the world. It's called being held responsible. And companies, however large or small, are not exempt from this expectation. Besides, this is one of the coolest products that I have encountered. They should realize that fact and take into consideration the staggering number of DJs, musicians and hobbyists that are currently using and shopping for products like this one.
I would love to see a full color, multi touch screen upgrade on this. My phone has that and it cost less than a hundred bucks. It CAN be done.
They should also add in a update the ability to interact, and save into the hardware, via a computer.
My $0.02
Please add me to the list and I look forward to seeing the developments.
[/code]
infindebula

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

groovePRO wrote:
Hey people
I think that Korg should maintain support for this, and all of their products. Too many times I see companies neglect their legacy products and I don't understand why. Are they ashamed of these products?

In terms of the Zero8 / Zero4, I think Korg wishes they would just go away. They come so close to being the perfect product for so many people, but the hardware is ... problematic.

I suspect Korg are doing everything they can to not acknowledge this issue. The user base is just small enough that we don't really have much power to retaliate.

The biggest issue is obviously the failing (or intermittent) touch screens, and there is still no fix that we can be 100% certain of. It might be cost prohibitive for Korg to have a new part custom designed and manufactured to replace all of our touch panels.

groovePRO wrote:

I would love to see a full color, multi touch screen upgrade on this. My phone has that and it cost less than a hundred bucks. It CAN be done.
They should also add in a update the ability to interact, and save into the hardware, via a computer.

No, your cell phone cost quite a bit more than a hundred bucks but it is subsidized by the wireless carrier.

Korg would never update the firmware of a discontinued product to support new features like multitouch or colour. Anyway I would much rather they just get us up and running with the product we paid for.

I too have been using Korg products for a long, long time, and I own many Korg synths, a couple of Electribes, a Kaoss Pad, a DVP-1 voice processor.... everything except this mixer is rock solid. (OK I admit I was annoyed about my dark and whining Wavestation display, but EL backlighting was the technology at the time)

Anyway, I'm about to take my Zero 8 apart because I need it for a gig in a couple weeks and I want to know if I have to order a touch panel or not. I will report back with my findings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: