Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TEControl USB Breath Controller
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked mine up at the post office yesterday and I'm trying to program with it now. A bit tricky, as I haven't picked up a horn in at least 35 years and I was never all that proficient on it. Don't forget to get the calibration software at TEC's website. It allows you to not only calibrate the unit but also switch midi channels and control numbers.
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
carlotta

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm-pro wrote:
It is plug & play direct into the Kronos! It comes preset to MIDI CC02 and if you download Busch's breathcontroller programs, the TEC BC works perfectly right out of the box.

That said, I think the mouthpiece is quite lacking and I think I will try to fashion something else to use.

Interestingly, they now have come up with this...

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2013/05/28/tecontrol-intros-headset-for-its-usb-midi-breath-controller/

mm-pro

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered one...thanks for the heads up.
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm-pro wrote:
I just ordered one...thanks for the heads up.

Hope you can give us a review when you have tried it!
mm-pro

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's got to be better than the standard mouthpieces.

I will post here once it arrives.
mm-pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the new mouth piece is great! It has a valve for adjusting flow and it is very similar in bite to the BC3s.

The "headset" part is actually a stiffer tubing that has shape memory. Instead of over the head, I have been using it harmonica holder style & it is quite comfortable.

I like this product very much, and after thirty years of BC, I think this is a suitable BC3 replacement.

I am still mad at Yamaha, however.

Regards,

MM

Last edited by mm-pro on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm-pro wrote:
So, the new mouth peice is great! It has a valve for adjusting flow and it is very similar in bite to the BC3s.

The "headset" part is actually a stiffer tubing that has shape memory. Instead of over the head, I have been using it harmonica holder style & it is quite comfortable.

I like this product very much, and after thirty years of BC, I think this is a suitable BC3 replacement.

I am still mad at Yamaha, however.

Regards,

MM

Thanks for the update on this. I have been wondering if people are liking it.
carlotta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ed_f wrote:

I have one. It works flawlessly and is an excellent piece of kit in my opinion.
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlotta wrote:
ed_f wrote:

I have one. It works flawlessly and is an excellent piece of kit in my opinion.

Agreed. I find not only is it good for regular wind instruments, but also works well with accordion patches too. Have been trying it with string instruments but can't quite get what I want with it on those. I'm sure with a little more time I'll figure that out.
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At about the 0:41 mark in this video I'm using this controller on a trumpet patch:

pfrocha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phatbuzz

I tried the Kronos reed and woodwind sounds with the TEC breath controller, but out of the box all it seems to control is vibrato on those sounds. Is there any specific adjustments to make to make them resemble the actual blowing effect?

Thanks
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfrocha wrote:
Phatbuzz

I tried the Kronos reed and woodwind sounds with the TEC breath controller, but out of the box all it seems to control is vibrato on those sounds. Is there any specific adjustments to make to make them resemble the actual blowing effect?

Thanks

You need to assign what you want to control (ie volume - but remember that you can also open up the filter a bit) to Midi CC#02. William Busch has a bunch of patches all ready to work with this breath controller. They can be found on his blog here: http://thekronosblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/brass-winds-breath-controller.html
pfrocha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Phatbuzz.

Two follow up questions:

1. I assume when you say assign the control you mean in the Kronos itself (as opposed to the TEC software)?

2. I downloaded Busch's patches, but when I try to load them I am getting "There is no readable data". Any clues?

Thanks again!
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfrocha wrote:
Thanks, Phatbuzz.

Two follow up questions:

1. I assume when you say assign the control you mean in the Kronos itself (as opposed to the TEC software)?

2. I downloaded Busch's patches, but when I try to load them I am getting "There is no readable data". Any clues?

Thanks again!

1. That's correct. CC#02 is also joystick -Y, and can be assigned to many different things in the Kronos. The reason you're hearing vibrato or other modulations is because those programs have something assigned to -Y.

2. I believe that Busch has those patches originally assigned to Program Bank User G. When you are loading the patches make sure that PCG content is set to UG, then you can assign it to a different bank if you need to.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfrocha wrote:
Thanks, Phatbuzz.

Thanks again!

Make sure you're not trying to load the PCG with the "._" in front. You should find the proper PCG a few files below.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: