Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TEControl USB Breath Controller
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Promising Breath Controller Reply with quote

pfrocha wrote:
This looks promising!

http://new-type.asia/new-type.asia/ntbc_01_en.html

Another interesting device. Seems there is a real void that is being filled.
carlotta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Promising Breath Controller Reply with quote

ed_f wrote:

Another interesting device. Seems there is a real void that is being filled.

There is another new one!

http://www.tecontrol.se/products/usb-midi-breath-bite-controller
Quote:
The USB MIDI Breath and Bite Controller adds another dimension to breath control and enables musicians and composers to achieve outstanding realism in their performance when using computer-based virtual instruments. With a bite sensor integrated in the mouthpiece sensing lip bite force in addition to breath pressure, it is now possible to control any two parameters of your virtual instrument, for example expression/vibrato or expression/pitch.

Want! Want! Want!
jimiki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All these BC are very pricier than the Yamaha BC when it came and was in the market Sad
carlotta

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimiki wrote:
All these BC are very pricier than the Yamaha BC when it came and was in the market :(

Not sure how much the Yamaha BC cost new but often it goes used for several hundred on ebay. And don't forget the BC to MIDI converter box from MIDI solutions, which is needed to use a Yamaha BC unless you have a Yamaha keyboard.

I think the TEControl USB BC works very well and is quite affordable: it costs just a fraction of the MIDI converter box and you can just plug it into any computer's USB port, or even direct into the Kronos.
robdevine69

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just by the one from Kelfar technologies.... It is superb because it's built solid like a rock and works flawlessly. http://www.kelfar.net/BCK-1.htm
Do yourself a favor and save yourself the hassles you will have with other Breath Controllers, believe me I tried other ones and they just don't work right. Plus this one has Soundsets made specifically for it for the KRONOS!!
Believe me, you will thank me for this Smile
Current Gear: Korg Kronos 61 4GB RAM 280GB SSD, Access Virus Ti2 61, Roland Fantom G6 1GB RAM with all 3 Arx expansions 01, 02, 03, AKAI MPC 4000 fully Expanded, Roland MC 909 Fully Expanded with Supreme Dance, Roland V-Synth Version 2 with Vc-1 & Vc-2, Waldorf Blofeld, Beat Kangz Beat Thang, Korg Karma with MOSS and PCM EXB's 03 04 & 05, Roland VS 1824 CD, Focusrite Saffire 56, Universal Audio UAD 2 Core, Win 8 Core i7, Sony Acid Pro 7, iMac 27inch Core i7, Logic Pro X.

Past Gear: Roland JP8000, Korg M3 61 with Radias, Korg Triton Extreme 61 with Moss, Roland XP-80, Roland SP 909, Korg Electribe EA-1, Roland GAIA, Korg Triton Classic, Roland MC 505, Roland JX-305, Clavia Nord Rack 2, AKAI MPC 5000 Fully Expanded.
matt78

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Promising Breath Controller Reply with quote

carlotta wrote:

There is another new one!

http://www.tecontrol.se/products/usb-midi-breath-bite-controller
Quote:
The USB MIDI Breath and Bite Controller adds another dimension to breath control and enables musicians and composers to achieve outstanding realism in their performance when using computer-based virtual instruments. With a bite sensor integrated in the mouthpiece sensing lip bite force in addition to breath pressure, it is now possible to control any two parameters of your virtual instrument, for example expression/vibrato or expression/pitch.

Want! Want! Want!

I have recently bought this one and it works out of the box with my Kronos. The device is completely configurable using the really easy configuration software that comes with it (runs on Mac or Windows) and can be programmed to send any CC, pitch bend or aftertouch on any MIDI channel. This has been a great addition to my setup, and I would recommend it.

There are a couple of good videos on youtube:

postman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject: TEG control Reply with quote

A question about the TEC control breath and bite controller:

When it is connected to the Kronos, will the Kronos sent the midi data of the BC to the midi out as well (5 pin midi out and USB midi out)?

Thank you.

(background: my usb ports on the laptop are already a bit overcrowded)
voxg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the Kronos won't send the received data to the MIDI Out port.
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

> Just by the one from Kelfar technologies....

Finally, a removable cord!
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered myself the TeControl breath and bite controller?

in the Meantime while I am waiting for it, can any one tell me whats usually the target Midi Parameter to control with Breath Controller (I mean for wind instruments).

like disable key velocity tracking and use ams mixer for that with CC#04 as well as perhaps making attack vary a bit with CC#04?

I assume CC#11 should work for most other patches (controlling the relative volume)
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
carlotta

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These work great with the TEControl breath controller, check them out.

http://thekronosblog.blogspot.de/2011/10/brass-winds-breath-controller.html
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to dampen anyone's spirits but seriously the breath controller will make your teeth crooked.

I've been using them since 84 or 85 and both me and my friend's teeth became crooked from them. Just a warning.
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my Breath and Bite, Controller Delivered today,
thought I'd post this for those who wanna know little more about this new model BBC2.

It's much more than for just wind instruments.
I assigned The Nod and Tilt controls to cC 71/74 respectively and it kinda works great gives another dimension to realtime filter control with the movement of head.

Had to tweak the breath response curve very drastically though for easy playing.

Also checkout this video how it kinda works, (Kinda Nice excuse for the moving head Wink

Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: