Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

getting kaossolater to recieve midi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bogwet

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: getting kaossolater to recieve midi Reply with quote

Hello all,i have a kaossilater pro...i got it to send midi but i cant get it to recieve...example,im using fl studio and im trying to get the kaossilator to recieve midi notes from fl studio...any ideas
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The KPro does not respond to note on/off messages that it receives. It uses CC data so some sort of translation is needed if trying to play the KPro from an external keyboard.
bogwet

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx for the reply,so are you saying it can be done but i have to go further into it like adjustments in the cc
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it can be done with some effort. Check out this thread for more info.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=69162
bogwet

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: what about programs like fl studio Reply with quote

okay,that worked from a controller which is awsome,but what i want to do is send midi notes from flstudio to the kaossilater pro,be cool for editing(specially timing issues)any ideas ?
bogwet

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: still nothin Reply with quote

no ideas on this,thought i would give a example,i was recording into my fl studio in audio without issue,that was easy but what i want to do is record the kaoss pad into fl studio in midi which i have also working fine,i want to edit my playing in fl studio by fixing timing issues because my playing on the pad is not perfect,i have a alesis dm8 kit here i record drums with and i have a choice of using a vsti for the drums or"send back to the dm8 module to use the sound from the module,but its all still midi and its easy to manipulate,i want to do the same with the kppro,so after i record a part with the kppro i can edit it in flstudio like adjusting timing issues with the fl studio piano roll up,its not that easy adjusting timing issues when its in audio,actually...i would never even attempt it,to much work and it destroys the audio
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it can be done the way you want since the KPro does not respond to note messages. I think you would have to record the CC data and edit that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: