Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi cutout with 2 keyboards
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarPabl
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farmogoyf wrote:
Ran these scenarios, and found that while playing either the Kronos or the P95, watching the CPU usage is very similar, on combi's with a number of voices it often will be very close to 100% or at 100% with quite a bit of voice stealing. I don't see a notable difference though.

Then you can totally discard polyphony issues.

Farmogoyf wrote:
In the sequencer is a little more interesting. When the sound starts cutting as it did in my original youtube video, out of the speakers it cuts almost the whole sound (as you can hear), however, from the sequencer, you can hear a bit more of the sound, say I'm using a combi with 2 pianos, strings, ooh voices, etc... When I play so the cuts start, from the speakers you will only hear a note every now and then from the piano and maybe a little strings, but when the sequencer is played back, you hear much more of the piano, more strings and some of the ooh voices. So, while it is still cut a bit in the sequencer, it's no where near what you hear cut from the speaker.

Then you have issues with MIDI. It's likely you're getting something like:
- MIDI Messages for all notes off
- Double note-on messages, which are cutting the currently played notes. Similar to the issue with RH3 keybeds.

You need to carefully check the sequencer data and analyze the recorded events where you're getting the cutoff. Report that back so we confirm if this is being caused by one of the possible scenarios commented here.

Also, I suggest you to go Global mode and disable all the MIDI filters... and once you're there, set Local mode to off.
Shutoku

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laste7 wrote:
I have also problems with Cut-Offs when connecting my Korg SP-250 to the Kronos. But only, when I connect it directly, as soon as I use Midi out of the SP250 to a DAW or VST-Host and from there to the Kronos, I don't have these problems anymore...

I akso had this problem going midi out of the sp250 the the midi in on my Kross 61.
It seems to originate with the sp250, sending an all notes off message, but if I go through a midi merger, the problem dissapears.
Shutoku

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laste7 wrote:
I have also problems with Cut-Offs when connecting my Korg SP-250 to the Kronos. But only, when I connect it directly, as soon as I use Midi out of the SP250 to a DAW or VST-Host and from there to the Kronos, I don't have these problems anymore...

I akso had this problem going midi out of the sp250 the the midi in on my Kross 61.
It seems to originate with the sp250, sending an all notes off message, but if I go through a midi merger, the problem disappears.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: