Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi lag/latency problems with Krome in live performance.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lamontmg

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Midi lag/latency problems with Krome in live performance. Reply with quote

Purchased the Krome 88 three months ago. I love it except one thing, midi lag or latency in the middle of a performance. I midi out my Krome into a Roland JV3080 Rackmount/tone generator and a Korg CX3 and everything will be going fine until the middle of a set I start noticing a lag between my keyboard action and the midi-in response of the JV3080 and CX3. It's happened a couple times in the middle of a heated performance and can't figure out why. Needless to say extremely annoying. My fix, wait until the set is over and reboot the Krome because it takes about 1 minute to come back on. Ideas, suggestions anyone? Thanks for your help.
morty

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you midied out to 2 instruments? daisy chain or midi thru?
I use to have a Korg SP200 digital Piano and when I midied out to 2 modules daisy chain I had the same problem.... finally got a midi thru box, solved the problem to the best of my memory.
I have the Krome 88 but midi out to one module only, no problems thus far,if I use another module will go thru my thru box.You can get it from"Midi Solutions" check on the net. they sell thru retail stores or you can contact them directly.

MY GEAR ;KORG KROME 88,ROLAND INTEGRA 7,YAMAHA MOTIF XS RACK,
KURZWEIL PC-3,ROLAND PRO-A800 MIDI CONTROLLER,ROLAND VK8M B3 ORGAN MODULE
Lamontmg

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Morty
Thanks very much for the reply. Yes, I am daisy chaining. I am going out to in (from Krome to Roland) and then thru to in (from Roland to Korg CX3).
My 2 midi cables are each 6 ft in lenght, I wouldn't think that's too long??? Good suggestion to try Midi Solution's Thru box. I will get one. For everyone's information here's Midi Solution's description:
"The MIDI Solutions Thru is a 1-in 2-out MIDI Thru Box. All MIDI messages appearing at the input are sent to both Thru outputs. Active circuitry cleans up any skewing of MIDI data bits that has occurred at the input, ensuring reliable operation in setups that require daisy chaining or long cable runs."

Thanks again.
Marc Lamontagne
musicman2011

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midi Thrus on keyboards do suffer from that malady. I suggest you pick up a dedicated midi thru box, Midi Solutions has a 1in 4 out for around $70 or so
dx05

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: See related thread Reply with quote

Please see also:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=546783#546783

Kind regards, h.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: