Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Arranger Survey

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Korg Arranger Survey Reply with quote

Dear Korg Customers,

We are pleased to inform you that we are conducting an online survey on arrangers, to let you help us shape our future products. If you like to give us your opinion, please answer to a few questions at the following address:

http://www.korgpa.com/survey-intro.html

Thank you for your kind help!

Best regards,
The Korg Italy Team
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the opportunity to express our opinions about the Korg Arranger line.

Folks, here's your chance to let KORG know how much you would like to see a decent external Style/Resource editor and publication of Sysex codes! Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Veren

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Paolo and Korg for showing interest.

I think most of above questions are covered in the survery.

However

This survey is for new products ... what about the expensive current products that we bought and own? This forum is full of requests for various features, support via internal and external software etc.

Are we going to be forced to buy the new products when we have units that are quite advanced whereby they have the ability to achieve what the users want but Lack of support to program the units to function accordingly AND No external software support from Korg?

You guys (Korg) got everything going with your creations (brilliant concepts and design) but the lack of support regarding the above is driving many users to your competition.

A simple thing like "polished sounds" makes the biggest difference when one hears a board for the first time. At that point it is already make or break. Your editing is extensive and greatly appreciated and should remain for when we want to tweak sound precisely to our liking but that does not mean that the board out of a box should arrive with minimal audio processing. For thos wanting Dry/Raw sounds from time of purchase, include a "Delete DSP" kinda button to achieve same in sound edit as that is much easier than to polish up a sound which is truly frustrating on board. Look at videos where comaprisons are made with 3X and T4 ...editing (we all know why) is not even mentioned as the boards are simply side by side and head to head comparion of factory sounds and styles. (maybe an optional update where all the sound etc are polished could fix this)

External support for programmers and software can only grow your market share. I fail to see how this would adversely affect business.

But thanx for the chance to air our opinions
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad this survey can not cover those people who rejected KORG arrangers and bought into a competitors product. I asked 4 of my friends why they didn't buy KORG. To a person they said that although the KORG was probably a better keyboard, the lack of 3rd party support lowered the user value too much. They said that a keyboard's value is not just what comes in the box, but how much that value is enhanced by 3rd party support. Two of them said the EMC offerings were a joke, out of date and WAY too expensive.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Frans N

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard that several times. Yamaha and Roland have much more styles. Maby that is true but for me is the quality of the styles more important then the quantity. That's why I have a Korg arranger they have the best styles. My opinion ofcourse Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: