Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

where to get/buy D50 sounds for the Kronos ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, while they will respond with the same amount of wet/dry, brightness/dampness, length and effect type, the effects will still sound better because the KRONOS is simply superior. It would want to be after 26 years of advancements.

Regards
Sharp.

Last edited by Sharp on Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.
It's with sadness I have to say that this Donation-ware project has been a disaster. Support for this has been quite confusing. I'm truly grateful to those who did support this, but that number of people can be counted on one hand (out of well over 600 downloads) so I'm at quite a loss here for trying to do something nice.

With that said, I'm afraid going forward I'm unable to see donation-ware ever working, so I've calculated a non-profit price and it's available for anyone going forward though my website. HERE

Probably far too late at this stage to cover my costs, but I let this run so long because I was hoping given time the concept would work.

Regards
Sharp
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Hi all.
It's with sadness I have to say that this Donation-ware project has been a disaster. Support for this has been quite confusing. I'm truly grateful to those who did support this, but that number of people can be counted on one hand (out of well over 600 downloads) so I'm at quite a loss here for trying to do something nice.

With that said, I'm afraid going forward I'm unable to see donation-ware ever working, so I've calculated a non-profit price and it's available for anyone going forward though my website. HERE

Probably far too late at this stage to cover my costs, but I let this run so long because I was hoping given time the concept would work.

Regards
Sharp

I'm sorry to hear that, it's always good to try out some new methods for delivering sounds or music, times are changing so we have to change with them.

Your experiences are comparable to the ones i've had over the past years for my free sets. My experience is that 1 person of every 100 downloads will leave a message or asks if he / she could do a voluntary donation for free sets. So that would be around 6 donations for your set based on 600 downloads.

Another observation that i find interesting was that if soundsets are more popular (like my free m3 combi set which was downloaded more then 12000 times) then the remarks will slow down to 1 message per 800 downloads.

Personally i'm happy with the amount of comments on my free sets, there were more comments then i expected upfront, donationware was something i was considering but it's good to read some of the experiences from you, thanks for sharing your experiences.
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HHmmm ... missed this so have just purchased it which i have no problem in paying £13 for but download 4 is a 503 error it also has a 404 error too !!!!!!!! If ya gonna charge for it make sure it works !!! ...

Message me when the link is fixed !!!
13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TSUNAMI wrote:
HHmmm ... missed this so have just purchased it which i have no problem in paying £13 for but download 4 is a 503 error it also has a 404 error too !!!!!!!! If ya gonna charge for it make sure it works !!! ...

Message me when the link is fixed !!!

Sorry you had a problem downloading but the links are the same links since it's release. A 503 error would suggest the server was caught at a bad moment. Can you please try again. I just tested them and it's all working fine.

Regards
Sharp.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does it say "You have already purchased this item, but you may purchase it again." at the bottom of the download page?

I did download it, but haven't used it or evaluated it to be honest. Sorry you've not had had much luck with the donationware model. Would be nice if it worked!
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just remembering you have downloaded it already. It's probably a cookie on your PC from the last time you visited the shopping cart. If you press the button Store, you can either see it in your purchase history, or it could still be in your basket.

Don't worry about it. I sure as hell don't want to shame anyone into going back to the store to pay for it. It is what it is going forward from now. Anyone who has already downloaded it, DO NOT try buy a copy.

You have it, enjoy. At the end of the day, that's the main driving force behind why I did this.

Kind regards
Sharp
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's just remembering you have downloaded it already. It's probably a cookie on your PC from the last time you visited the shopping cart. If you press the button Store, you can either see it in your purchase history, or it could still be in your basket.

Sorry, I was at work at wasn't very clear in my post.

It's displaying that message despite never having visited your site at all from this machine or IP address, so I thought it might be a bug Smile
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, def did not download before and when I clicked the link it still said I already downloaded it. It even says this on my phone, from which I'm posting this.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
Same here, def did not download before and when I clicked the link it still said I already downloaded it. It even says this on my phone, from which I'm posting this.

I know what's happening now. I was not able to see the message until I logged out of my account. It's a silly little bug in the software that someone else has already reported to the developers. It's only in the current release so I will have to wait for a update from them.

You can just ignore it. It's just seeing everyone without an account as a user called "Guest".

Regards
Sharp.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you figured it out.

And sorry your donation ware didn't work as you hoped. I'll be the first to admit I haven't donated any money anywhere yet. But then, after trying some sets and software offerings for free, really the only one I use is Busch's clavinet. I offered to donate to him for his website upkeep, but he never got back to me.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Glad to hear you figured it out.

It's fixed now. Rather than waiting I edited the php template myself. Easy to fix.

Quote:
And sorry your donation ware didn't work as you hoped. I'll be the first to admit I haven't donated any money anywhere yet. But then, after trying some sets and software offerings for free, really the only one I use is Busch's clavinet. I offered to donate to him for his website upkeep, but he never got back to me.

No worries. It was just an idea. You never know until you try.

Regards
Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.
Just a quick note that the D50 Emulation for the KRONOS has been updated to include a VST Editon for the PC and MAC

For more information, click HERE

Regards
Sharp.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp will it work in Logic X? I'm updating to that come the first of the year and this would be a great!
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Logic supports standard Mac VST's then it will work as is right now.
If it must be a AU, I can compile the D50 to an AU. So one way or another it will work.

Regards
Sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: