Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playing SAMPLE LOOPS on Kronos?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kronos4king

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
Now that was an answer that answered my question in another thread thanks!

What was your question exactly?
joyel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@kronos4king

Long time, but maybe you found solution for your loops?.
I ask becouse i'm also trying to find a way to achive this.

No where i cant find exactly, how to do this.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kronos4king wrote:
SanderXpander wrote:
RPPR lets you create midi clips/loops and toggle them on and off Ableton style. You can have sixteen different instruments and if you really need them to be an audio sample for some reason, just resample your performance and assign it to a key in a new multisample. Then RPPR that. You can program the patterns to always start on the beat or always on the one or whatever. You can then record an entire performance, triggering loops on and off and playing, in the sequencer. And combine it with regular linear parts if you want. And sixteen audio tracks. You will need to save your song and sampleset, true, but once you know the routine, it's pretty quick. Other than an extra step or two, how is this not exactly what you want?

Hey this sounds interesting.
I like this idae since I am using loops of stuff sampled via the audio ins.

'if you really need them to be an audio sample for some reason, just resample your performance and assign it to a key in a new multisample.'

I assume you turn the RPPR on and off by using the 'mute' and 'play' buttons in the sequencer?

Thanks for your tips!! Sander

RPPR turns each of your keys into the start and stop toggle for each Loop.
Except the lowest octave is shut down and reserved as a -stop all- function in case your loop mix runs away. You can set the key action to "beat" ,"once" or "endless", determining how long the loop runs. Hitting the same key again will stop the loop.
Your loops can draw their sound from 16 channels. That means you can have 16 multisamples coverted to programs and assigned to tracks. The you can record midi performance of those tracks and assign them to a user drum pattern that is also available for use in drum track feature as well as RPPR.
So you have 16 programs that can be custom multisamples and then you have as many loop patterns as you have keys to assign them to... assign the patterns to keys to drive the multisample programs you put to track.

I have an 88 key kronos and if i subtract the bottom octave that RPPR reserves for RPPR shutdown, i have at least 70 keys that can have loops assigned to them. I then go to my RPPR pattern list and see how many pattern slots i have available to create patterns into. That tells you how many loops you have available to use in a performance. Your loops will be driving sounds which are whatever sounds you assigned to the 16 tracks. So you have up to 16 programs/multisamples that can be driven by all the loops you create. You can assign multipke loops/patterns to each channel/program/multisample.
So if your loops are valued more for the audio sound in the track, then you may feel like you only have 16 loops available. But if you can do multiple loops over the same sound, then you have multi tasked your sound.
You can create multisamples that are a mix of two or more sets or a zone split program. Such as two mutisamples zoned apart into the same program and that way multiply your sound options per channel track to keep up with your loop/pattern options.
Pattern and sound are separated in RPPR and you interchange their links creativley. So Pattern would be the function of "loop" and Program put to track will be the function of the "sound" being looped. You can design a sound to fit a pattern/loop or design a pattern/loop to fit a sound.
Also these are midi channels assigned to loops which means you should be able to set the track to external and drive sounds from outside of kronos. Have to check to see that RPPR mode doesn't exclude EXT functions. Some times you enter one function and it greys out another function and i forget what gets turned off in RPPR.
I think i saw that Karma was not able to run on any tracks assigned to RPPR. But you can record karma midi to tracks and convert that recording to a user pattern and then use it in RPPR set up.

Spend as much time figuring out RPPR and you will find what you need. I am not sure if RPPR mode disables Audio tracks, but if it doesn't, that is another entire world of options to throw into the mix.
Sequencer mode is all that Combi mode is and more. better than being in Combi mode for sure.
kronos4king

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joyel wrote:
@kronos4king

Long time, but maybe you found solution for your loops?.
I ask becouse i'm also trying to find a way to achive this.

Hi
No where i cant find exactly, how to do this.

Hi
I haven't found a way to do it which is frustrating.

I hardly use my Kronos now because it is not uer friendly for me.
Such a lot of power and so poorly designed. Especially when they make such fantastic pieces like the kaossilator etc. They could easily have put a pad sampler into it or had a software version triggered from the screen.
Let me know if you find a way Smile
joyel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still not found the solution too.
I little give up...
And thing about ableton and controller now...

Of course Kronos is fine, but... in this subject still hole
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: