Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King korg as sole keyboard for reggae

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lukebthomas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: King korg as sole keyboard for reggae Reply with quote

I play in a reggae band. Ay ideas how i can get a muted or "reggae bubble sound"?
Rouqmirg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can post an example of the type of sound you're wanting, I'll have a go at creating it.
bananmelon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering - does it work with reggae bubble? I want to buy KingKorg and i'd like to know your opinion about idea of playing reggae on it...

Before: KORG Triton Rack, Triton Extreme (+EXB-MOSS), TR61, 707, DS-8, DVP-1, Wavestation EX, MS2000, Polysix, MicroKorg, Poly800 mk1, Electribe SX-1, DDD-1, Karma (+EXB-MOSS), M1, Radias-R, MicroSampler, Monotron, Monotron Delay; YAMAHA DX7; ROLAND Juno-60; AKAI MPC1000
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it is strictly forbidden to play Reggae on a KK. The KK will implode if you still try.

Seriously: the use of a synth has not much to do with a single musical style.

Classical Reggae is mostly used with classical keyboard sounds (organs, EPs etc.), which you get in better quality on workstations. The KK is a VA for subtractive synth sounds: you have to answer yourself, how much of that kind you would like to use within your music (besides bread and butter keybioard sounds which you will only get in elementary form on a KK).

By the way: of course you can use any instrument to play Reggae: you could even use a banjo to play Reggae in band context, and any synth as well.
r0mulus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can definitely play reggae on the KK.

most reggae tracks themselves use extremely cheap keyboard sounds, especially 80s onward...

the bubble type sound you are looking for is probably the "tape echo" fx on the board. it is a pretty decent algorithm in my opinion. my only complaint would be that it would be nice if you could get it to feedback a bit harder.

anyways, i have only had the board for a few months, but there is a pretty rich variety of organ sounds you might choose to attempt some of the older and more venerable stuff.
djcactus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno there are some bubbly sounding filter sweeps even with the ms-20 filters. Its just the amount of resonance versus the speed of the sweep, if you midi patch the frequency(of the lfo) to a sequence you can get great varying "bubble sounds". Just set the depth to desired level and your off. Cool sound effect, not so much "playable"
r0mulus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djcactus wrote:
i dunno there are some bubbly sounding filter sweeps even with the ms-20 filters. Its just the amount of resonance versus the speed of the sweep, if you midi patch the frequency(of the lfo) to a sequence you can get great varying "bubble sounds". Just set the depth to desired level and your off. Cool sound effect, not so much "playable"

hooking up the exp pedal to one of these parameters makes it a lot more playable! and fun!
djcactus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

r0mulus wrote:
djcactus wrote:

hooking up the exp pedal to one of these parameters makes it a lot more playable! and fun!

Good call, i was thinking about my work flow, i build samples for sequencing all of the time. Not always playing the board
Protoman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rouqmirg wrote:
If you can post an example of the type of sound you're wanting, I'll have a go at creating it.

i really need your help i have i korg krome and im looking how to create an organ sound like this one to make the bubbles

http://picosong.com/9745/ may be you can guide me all i know is to get that sound i have to start with the gospel organ but i try to modify it and i dont get the sound of the example plz help me with this
Protoman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rouqmirg wrote:

i really need your help i have i korg krome and im looking how to create an organ sound like this one to make the bubbles

http://picosong.com/9745/ may be you can guide me all i know is to get that sound i have to start with the gospel organ but i try to modify it and i dont get the sound of the example plz help me with this
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: