Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fx wet/dry setting?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: fx wet/dry setting? Reply with quote

Is there a way to adjust how much effect you want? For example, on tape echo, the knobs adjust the time between echoes and how many echoes you will hear, but I don't see any way to balance the level of the echo against the original. Is this hidden somewhere, or can't the KK make the echo louder or quieter relative to the original?
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The depth knob is all you got.
Rouqmirg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg programmers: PLEASE add more in depth options via menu to the effects editing. Especially the simple BPM delay which is almost useless without a simple pan or ping pong control to get stereo separation. Everything runs together with this effect.
Rouqmirg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold my KK this week. I don't like manufacturers who totally ignore support requests, especially a developer offering to create a free editor for the community. I guess they are looking to sell one down the road.

Also, FX should have editable parameters. In the sonic state video of the KK, the demo guy implied there were such parameters in the menus when questioned about it. Alas, there are not.

Prices on these boards have been doing a free fall on the used market. I've seen one sell for as low as $735.

The sad thing is, it's capable of fantastic basic sounds, the tube is lovely (though settings should be saved per patch), but is hampered by limited routings, not enough lfos and envelopes, and uneditable fx. Perhaps I'll buy the synth engine again when they release a desktop module with full hands on control, more modulation options, and a programmable arpeggiator.

In the meantime, I've got an Elektron Analog 4 on the way.

Loved the character of this synth but disappointed with Korg support and a synthesis engine that is just not deep enough.
dukesjourney

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rouqmirg wrote:
Sold my KK this week. I don't like manufacturers who totally ignore support requests, especially a developer offering to create a free editor for the community. I guess they are looking to sell one down the road.

Also, FX should have editable parameters. In the sonic state video of the KK, the demo guy implied there were such parameters in the menus when questioned about it. Alas, there are not.

Prices on these boards have been doing a free fall on the used market. I've seen one sell for as low as $735.

The sad thing is, it's capable of fantastic basic sounds, the tube is lovely (though settings should be saved per patch), but is hampered by limited routings, not enough lfos and envelopes, and uneditable fx. Perhaps I'll buy the synth engine again when they release a desktop module with full hands on control, more modulation options, and a programmable arpeggiator.

In the meantime, I've got an Elektron Analog 4 on the way.

Loved the character of this synth but disappointed with Korg support and a synthesis engine that is just not deep enough.

I get the impression, and I think we will find this about many new KingKorg owners who do a quick turnaround, is it's not what you thought it was going to be or sound like.
We hear words like prophet, oberheim, etc filter modeling and they're buzzwords we jump on.
I did a lot of research before picking a used one from ebay, and you're right, if the timing is right you can get them for around $750(which I paid) or $800.
The filter comparisons Mitch S from Keyboard did on YT sold it for me. No effects, just dry comparisons against the filters of the emulated keyboards.
This showed me the potential it would give me for my own sound design.

Does the KingKorg sound beefy like an Obie, I'd have to say no imo, but it does have it's characteristics. Same with the other modeled ones.
It has it's own sound, and needs to be dug into deep. It's very deep, and the presets don't show that off, again IMO.

Do I want a modern analog modeled synth to sound just like it's predecessors..no! Those sounds have been done and are the past.I want something that sounds fresh and new in my music but provides me with the tools to get those sounds.
It has it's own unique sweet sound, and in the 2 weeks I've had it, I love it.
People just have to spend time digging deep into it, and forget the instant gratification thing.

Back to your comments. Congrats on the EleKtron Analog 4. These two synths couldn't be farther apart from being alike. Which makes me think, it's less about the negatives you felt about the King Korg, but more about wanting something that fit more into the type of music you did.

Thanks for selling your King Korg, because it makes this great synth available to those of us who couldn't afford a new one at this time.
Enjoy your Elektron Analog 4, ANALOG RULES! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: