Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Speculative question?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Speculative question? Reply with quote

Do you think that the second-hand value of the Monotribe will hold when the Volca Bass appears through the darkness- like a big nasty predator with slavering fangs. Or do you think they will drop in price?

Last edited by robosardine on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda wanna get the MIDI I/O mod so it'll continue to be useful as a module beyond being a portable bleep gizmo. I have a feeling that doing a clean installation of this will make it way more likely to retain its value.

I haven't heard the filters side-by-side either, would be interesting to know if the volca is as thick as the MS-20 styled filter on the monotribe...
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will hold its price. In some ways the Monotribe has the functionality of Beats and Bass although in a limited way. I think you really need to get two or even all three of the Volka's to make a good setup. Using that assumption then the Monotribe has a better price point for a very entry level analog synth and should still sell well.
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes- but the Monotribe is still selling new for about £140- A new Volca with it's midi and all is only to be £119. I reckon the Monotribes will become really cheap. I may well buy one (again) to go with my Volca. By the way there is a (fairly) new you-tube demo of the Volca- it's looking good.
renegade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The monotribe sounds better than the bass to me, but they will probably drop in price, dumb because they will add to the volcas not compete with them.
badactress

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered the same and have been watching ebay in the hope of picking up a 2nd Monotribe cheaply.. But so far they're holding their prices really well. Which I guess indicates that Monotribes are pretty highly regarded and not perceived as being obsoleted by the Volca's.
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in the u.k they have gone up in price. When i bought mine it was £99.99. They were at that price for a long time.
I added the Amazing Machines midi i/o & that was £50. Now if i wanted a new monotribe it would cost £130 - £150 without the midi.

Don't know why that is but it seems like a big increase for this kind of product. I do love the sound it makes though, & the look & feel of it.
darenager

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Volca Bass (and the others) but the Monotribe filter is much better, as is the internal speaker, also the Monotribe is kind of a standalone minimal groovebox, the Volcas are more specific.

So far I think the filter on the keys sounds a little better than that on the Bass, but the Monotribe filter is the best. I have not hooked up my Volcas to the Monotribe yet, but I think they will work great together.

The Volcas seem less noisy than the Monotribe, but also a little less raw sounding in my opinion, a bit more modern sounding too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Monotribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: