Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

just buyed mr-2000s not recognized by computers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emmebbi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: just buyed mr-2000s not recognized by computers Reply with quote

I've just buyed two days ago an ex-demo mr-2000s master recorder. It works fine but nothing happen when I plug it to my mac. I tried to format the 128gb hard disk but nothing change. The firmware is 1.5.2. What can I do? Do I have to send the recorder back to the seller? Or can I solve the problem? Tomorrow and next fridays I have some disk recording sessions.... Tks.
peter m. mahr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am sure you connected the recorder via USB, scrolled down in the Library Menu to "USB" and pushed the "Enter" button, is that correct? Then the drive was not recognized by your Mac? In case the drive is not recognized and not showing up on your desktop make sure that both the USB cable and port are working.

I just bought my MR-2000s recently too and it works. However, I did not format the internal hard disc as I did not see any need in it.

Unfortunately there is no dedicated support page (anymore?), or at least I could not find one and therefore my hope was to get support here. However there is a twitter account but it states that it is not for technical support, just showing who is doing what with the Software or the recorder. Therefore I decided to block their twitter account.

As I had to buy my MR-2000s in Japan I was a bit surprised that it said on the recorder that warranty is lost if sold outside Japan... It would have been nice to know that before, as I then would have decided for the the new Tascam DVD recorder.

Although there are not really good rumours about Tascam, however, their support is good and their new recorder seems to be way better than the Korg. It has pro in/out connections. So in case your Korg recorder does not work I would recommend to send it back and have a look at the new Tascam http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BG8AfZ6Cbg or get this one: http://www.ebay.de/itm/300927900907?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Peter
emmebbi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter, thanks a lot for your kind support. After some investigations I realized that there is a problem with the korg eeprom that does not recognize the internal hard disk. So two days ago I sent it back to the italian importer, where I bought it, I hope they'll repair it perfectly. But I already put my order to buy the new tascam da3000, but it seem we have to wait until september. Anyway, I'll buy the tascam you suggested from ebay if my korg 'll be not repaired soon, I have to do some recordings during the next weeks so I really need one of them. Thanks a lot. I'll keep you informed about this. Best Regards. Maurizio
peter m. mahr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you'll get one of the recorders soon.

All the best, Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: